457 Visa Nomination

briman

Hello Guys and Girls,

I have recently been nominated for a 457 Visa in Melbourne on the 5th April and still waiting for that to be approved.

Just wondering if anyone knows if you need a degree, because I don't have one but I have over 5 years experience in my field of work.

I have references from all my previous jobs apart from 1 as they went into liquidation.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

IT Support Officer I think is probably the role they have put me forward for do you know about this particular role?

For most IT occupations, employment experience can substitute for formal qualifications. The experience has to be relevant. The number of years required will depend on the specific occupation nominated.

I'm guessing that you have some other sort of qualification?? I am not in IT but I came over on the 457 initially. I don't have a degree per se but I do have other uni level quals and experience. I guess in the end it is whether your employer demands it, if not then it shouldn't be a problem as they are the ones nominating you. Good luck!

I'm guessing that you have some other sort of qualification?? I am not in IT but I came over on the 457 initially. I don't have a degree per se but I do have other uni level quals and experience. I guess in the end it is whether your employer demands it, if not then it shouldn't be a problem as they are the ones nominating you. Good luck!

Unfortunately there are a lot of dishonest people out there who try to sponsor family or friends for 457 visas who have no actual skills for the job, which means that immigration will look at all aspects to make sure it is a skilled position.

Would think it totaly depends ont eh Job, I am on a 457, had to prove my degree, my postgrad and 3 years work experience, 457 is a skilled visa, be warned though not always everything its cracked up to be, employeers can and do take advatage to the fact you are 'tied' to them (im sure many are lovely) but a few take advantage and will trreat you differently from your Aussie couterparts!

Yea i'll just see how it goes my Job Title is on the Skilled Occupation List and I have over 5 years experience and on the terms it says must have 5 years exp if no degree. I have all my references and have recommendations on LinkedIn all ready to go!

I came over on a 457.

I work in Credit Risk for a Bank.

I have no degree but all my work experience is in my field. I just had to supply references of my work. Personal and professional (this was all asked for by the Case Officer) and that was enough to get me through. Be warned though, I believe my 457 took about 6months all in all. Well, from when I was offered the job to when I finally touched down.

I believe they have sponsored many times before for people in my position and also others. They are an approved employer for sponsorship.

Just wondering as I have been reading Nominations take between 2-3 weeks.

Also remember that the sponsoring employer has to prove that they have been unable to fill the position within Australia. DIAC will not accept the nomination otherwise.

This seems to be a common misconception, however, there is no such criterion in the 457 program.

This seems to be a common misconception, however, there is no such criterion in the 457 program.

You beat me to it. Was gonna say the same thing. The rsms visa is the only one you must have advertised the job for, and even that depends on your local rcb.

Ah then things have changed since I was dealing with 457 visa nominations 7 years ago in my job. Thanks for pointing it out. I now realise that my knowledge of all things migration is out of date and I think I shall refrain from posting on the Migration thread in case I mislead anyone.

Archived