Son on Working Holiday, We're On A 457, what are our options to keep our son with us?

flybyknight

We have just received a message from a friend on facebook, they are having a dilemma with their 20 year old, they asked as we have a son of 19.

I thought; i'm not sure, but i am sure i know people who will know!

she says..

I have lived here for a year.

I have a husband and 2 sons (20 & 16).

We are on 457 visa with husbands work. oldest son was not able to come out on 457 as over 18.He came out on working holiday visa.

He is heading back to UK this month as visa ran out, I am devastated.

there was more detail, but i have removed names etc.

could i please ask what her options are, does her 20 year old just have to get a trade etc etc... or is there a family route to him coming back to Australia.

many thanks

We have just received a message from a friend on facebook, they are having a dilemma with their 20 year old, they asked as we have a son of 19.

I thought; i'm not sure, but i am sure i know people who will know!

she says..

I have lived here for a year.

I have a husband and 2 sons (20 & 16).

We are on 457 visa with husbands work. oldest son was not able to come out on 457 as over 18.He came out on working holiday visa.

He is heading back to UK this month as visa ran out, I am devastated.

there was more detail, but i have removed names etc.

could i please ask what her options are, does her 20 year old just have to get a trade etc etc... or is there a family route to him coming back to Australia.

many thanks

How come that your son had not been included on your 457 visa?? does he worked full time already on the time you applied for 457 visa? The only option to enable your son to remain here in Australia is to apply a working visa. But I'm not sure if he is eligible on it. Does your son had a diploma, skills, qualifications and years of experience? if so, he can apply for a working visa.

How come that your son had not been included on your 457 visa?? does he worked full time already on the time you applied for 457 visa? The only option to enable your son to remain here in Australia is to apply a working visa. But I'm not sure if he is eligible on it. Does your son had a diploma, skills, qualifications and years of experience? if so, he can apply for a working visa.

The question is not about the OP's son. It's about the son of a friend of the OP.

To the OP: The 20 year old will most likely have to qualify for a visa in his own right. As far as 'family' routes go, the Last Remaining Relative visa doesn't apply here as other family members need to be PR at least. And even if he qualified for it, there's a 15 year (?) wait for it.

They could possibly investigate a student visa in order for him to stay longer temporarily - but it will cost them.

Archived