preparing for container?

Benoli

our container comes next week to take everything away. Just wondered is there anything you recommend we do in advance to make it easier?

we know about cleaning stuff eg. the soles of shoes and aren't taking anything that's been outside (but will stick jeyes fluid over the wheels of our double buggy). I'm really looking for hints/tips re packing etc or some ideas that will help make things go a little smoother on the day.......thanks x

If they are packing then just declutter. Also make it clear what is to go in container. Best to put anything that shouldn't be packed in a safe zone. They will pack everything that doesn't move. I nipped out for milk and they packed my slippers ! They also packed remote doorbell ringer and a phone charger that were in sockets. They are fast too. Personally did not use jayes as it stinks the container out just needs to be cleaned well.

Remove batteries from clocks, remotes etc as we had a few that leaked due I the heat in the container. We were told to use Milton fluid for cleaning shoes and other internal stuff as you can never get rid of the smell of jeyes fluid. We used jeyes on all the garden tools and furniture. They do move quickly, they even packed an old toilet seat in the shed! They are fussy about wicker and most recommend u don't take it. We took loads of outside stuff, tools, bikes, tent, wooden furniture, children's toys, some got inspected but all got though inspection and didn't cost us extra (we did scrub and sterilise it all though). Was also told they won't take anything with rust on it but we just bought a spray can and spayed any tools that had a bit of rust.

Make sure your fridge and freezer are dry inside as ours went a bit mouldy

Bring as much as you can as the cost to replace things is expensive and adds up really quickly.

good luck with your move

Very interested to hear any replies our shippers come on the 11.04.13 so in the throws of clearing out at the mo!

Tina

same day for us.......after all this chaos I'll be delighted to live out of a suitcase for a while lol

same day for us.......after all this chaos I'll be delighted to live out of a suitcase for a while lol

We keep saying we will never gather this much crap again, but I fear over the years the next house will fill up. I have already packed the cases and they will leave the house as I don't want them being sent off with the shipping.

Tina

We have been told to put some Milton in the washer and run it through a cycle so it's nice and clean inside. Like the other poster said make sure your fridge freezer is clean and dry. We have the packers coming in on 25th of April so I'm also interested in any helpful tips.

If they are packing then just declutter. Also make it clear what is to go in container. Best to put anything that shouldn't be packed in a safe zone. They will pack everything that doesn't move. I nipped out for milk and they packed my slippers ! They also packed remote doorbell ringer and a phone charger that were in sockets. They are fast too. Personally did not use jayes as it stinks the container out just needs to be cleaned well.

Would Zoflora be better ? ...

Archived