Mara agent or not????

Steve Hall

Hi all,

my wife and I are looking at applying for visas to live in OZ, we look pretty good on the points system but not totally straight forward. Would you recommend using an agent? If so any good ones to be recommended and what's the going rate to pay for one?????

steve.

Hi all,

my wife and I are looking at applying for visas to live in OZ, we look pretty good on the points system but not totally straight forward. Would you recommend using an agent? If so any good ones to be recommended and what's the going rate to pay for one?????

steve.

At leat seek an asessment from a registered migration agent.

Hi all,

steve.

why isn't it totally straight forward?

Hi all,

steve.

Normally they charge around £1,500-£2,500. If your case is not straight forward, then better to use an agent.

Hi Aston Ks,

the only reason it's maybe not straight forward is that my wife is a qualified primary school teacher in the UK and now works as a deputy head at the local Catholic school but at the moment that has been taken off the list and I think her skills only qualify her as a Pre Primary teacher in OZ, although a brilliant teacher she has not tought at that level.

my problem is I have been working as a joiner/ furniture installer with some of the top companies in the UK but I have no qualifications in my field of work.

Hi,

Primary School Teacher is on the WA State Sponsor list, but that's it at the moment. People say that it's really difficult to get teaching jobs in Australia, especially Primary. We're Primary School teachers at the beginning of applying for a 190 visa, and if we're successful, will look at supply teaching to begin with, as we'd find it hard to get a full time job straight off.

First things first though - we've sent off our paperwork to AITSL to be assessed, which will take months..........

Archived