Proving Work Experience?? HELP!! (189)

deldesouza4369

Hi Guys,

I'm a complete newbie so bear with me while I explain. We've went through the process on our own, and with lots of help browsing through this forum (so thanks guys you've all been great!). We were allocated a CO on Weds 13th March (yay), however they've asked for further proof of my work experience; I'm claiming 5 years. In those five years I've had 3 jobs; and for the most part I can evidence with payslips from now back to Jan 2010. I have duty statements/references for all employment.

The remaining two years I don't have P60s or payslips (I had a purge of documents before I'd even thought of starting this process), so I was proposing to complete evidence with bank statements and national insurance report. So I mailed my CO this and to be honest I didn't get a clear response, she reverted to saying I should provide payslips and P60s, which I'd already stated I didn't have.

So my question is: Do I have enough evidence with the tax reports, bank statements and duty statements/references for the remaining two years? I'm worried the CO will insist on payslips and P60s, which at the moment I can't provide.

I've mailed my old bosses to see if I can get copy payslips, but I'm not holding out much hope...

Any advice or help you guys can provide, it's all appreciated!!

Cheers

Del

Hi I had service statements from HR and professional references, I also had to get a Statutory decleration signed by a notary ( I used the local magistrates) to declare a time of emmployment, mine was enough but that was from my assessing body (Anmac) havent gone down visa application yet. Hope that helps

Hey, I am in the same situation. Has anyone been granted without having to provide payslips/P60s for work experience? I can provide about 3 years worth and many more years with bank statements and references but now worried it wont be enough! Plz any advice would be very helpful! Last hurdle..... :)

Hi Guys,

I was in this situation and managed to get it sorted. Just call your local HMRC and they can do a print out of all your wages and tax. They can go back six years. My case officer was more than happy with this alongside bank statements and any other evidence I could find.

What Steph said.

I was in the same situation, Call the tax office (0845 300 0627) and ask for a tax statement for past 6 years. Takes about 7 days to come through and lists your employer/tax for the duration. Also had statement/reference from HR at work to back it up.

Brilliant! Thanks for the advice; i'll get on to HMRC first thing. I've got my NI history already and I've requested the bank statements for the period. I've got references from all the employers, so I think we should be okay if we get the tax records too. No such thing as too much evidence :)

Thanks again, keeping our fingers crossed! Seems so close now.