Is this high for an energy bill

Guest Guest74865

Guest Guest74865

Hi,

Just moved out of a short term rental in a one bedroom apartment. Stayed there for 5 and a half weeks. Air con was probably on for a total of one hour yet the bill for one couple with no kids was $385. Is this not excessive or am I being naive?

I didn't have access to the electricity meter in the building so I don't have meter reads that I can quote. Is it worth calling ActewAGL to query this?

Guest The Pom Queen
​Wow think I need to work on hubby about a move.Since our new goverment put our power up 40% our bills are coming in at around $1000 a quarter.Lots of friends with pools their bills all seem to be over $1500.

Same here Janine, ours as gone up by 50% and although we have tarrif 33, don't use the aircon anymore and have solar the bills are still coming in at a $1000 per quarter and the rate is suppose to increase again by 40% next year :no:

It seems quite high. Check your roof space in case there is a hydroponic dope factory up there!

Hi,

Just moved out of a short term rental in a one bedroom apartment. Stayed there for 5 and a half weeks. Air con was probably on for a total of one hour yet the bill for one couple with no kids was $385. Is this not excessive or am I being naive?

I didn't have access to the electricity meter in the building so I don't have meter reads that I can quote. Is it worth calling ActewAGL to query this?

Guest Guest74865
Was the meter read the day you moved in?

Yep, I called ActewAGL and notified them of them of my move in date. So I'm glad everyone else thinks it was really high. SO the next question is how do I go about disputing the amount with no meter reads as proof?

Guest Ptp113
Yep, I called ActewAGL and notified them of them of my move in date. So I'm glad everyone else thinks it was really high. SO the next question is how do I go about disputing the amount with no meter reads as proof?

Actually I don't think it's that high