Medicals for 190 visa

scotexpat

My Partner and i have just had our medicals today for our 190 visa in WA. But i have a question or two.

I had a chest xray, HIV blood test as does everyone i might add! Had an eye test, weight, hight and urine test Followed by a quick chat and medical with the Doc.

I had my gallbladder removed in 2008 with no problems and i am HIV NEG. I hear a lot of people getting their medicals delayed but no one ever gives a reason on here.

Whats they common reason for deferred medicals?

TA

Medicals are Classed as A or B.

Your medical is classed as A if you have never had anything in your medical history.

If your medical is classed as B it is because you have something in your medical history, having your gall bladder removed will likely see your medicals referred.

You wont fail the medical because of this but it will be referred, there is currently 3 month backlog.

Thank you for the info... typical they would delay for something so minor lol but 3 months is just plain crazy!!!!

My other half is no better then, he was knocked downby a car as a child and is left with scaring and a dent in his skull... Guess that will be delayed too!

NUTT's

My Partner and i have just had our medicals today for our 190 visa in WA. But i have a question or two.

I had a chest xray, HIV blood test as does everyone i might add! Had an eye test, weight, hight and urine test Followed by a quick chat and medical with the Doc.

I had my gallbladder removed in 2008 with no problems and i am HIV NEG. I hear a lot of people getting their medicals delayed but no one ever gives a reason on here.

Whats they common reason for deferred medicals?

TA

If you read the PDF on this link: http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/instructions/ you can see all the things the Doc is supposed to check and how they grade each one.

• 5 years later...

Thank you so much cerebrus...Can you please help me in one more thing?

As per this PDF, Caesarean section, Cholecystectomy come under minor surgeries and insignificant medical conditions. However, I need some guidance if I should declare these 2 surgeries while generating HAP ID and if yes, then under which question?

• 4 months later...