E457 visa taking too long!!

inuk90

Hey all just writing about my exp so far with DIAC

graduated from uni in Adelaide back in 2011

applied for a grad visa and it got rejected, was all my fault for not seeking professional help, didn't submit my IELTS test results on time. Gained employment with one of Australia's largest hospitality companies and they agreed to sponsor me as my role has high turnover and its hard getting uni graduates into the rorole company gave me about 3 months paid / unpaid leave to leave country and renter after the companies migration agent had lodged my e457.

all documents uploaded on 7/02/13, co assigned on 15/02/13. Asked for one additional document which was uploaded, all good. Haven't heard anything back to date. Even my companies agent is getting frustrated with it.

i say this because most 457 visa holders before grant haven't travelled to aus as yet, I've been living there 5 years to date and Im frustrated having to keep up with rent / phone bills / insurance / car insurance, etc while DIAC doesn't even respond to my queries.

Just wondering what was the longest time it took for anyone to get a 457 approved?

Hi inuk90

Just wanted to let you know that we haven't heard anything since 15/02/13 either!!!

My husband has been in Melbourne since August 2012, our son and I are just waiting on the visa to be granted so we can head over! It's so frustrating!!

Discovered that my husbands CO has gone on holiday and nobody was able to tell my husband who was dealing with his application while CO is away. After many phone calls to DIAC, he finally got a name and direct line so he's gonna ring first thing.

Where have you lodged your application?

Hopefully you will hear some news soon

All of mine was submitted on 16/02/13 , application being processed further was 22/02/13, currently having issues due to the pay increase for the visa, hopefully all sorted now on bosses side, just waiting for visa now.. needs to hurry up! Hope all of ours comes through soon guys! keep strong! (its soo difficult!)

applied for a grad visa and it got rejected, was all my fault for not seeking professional help, didn't submit my IELTS test results on time. Gained employment with one of Australia's largest hospitality companies and they agreed to sponsor me as my role has high turnover and its hard getting uni graduates into the rorole company gave me about 3 months paid / unpaid leave to leave country and renter after the companies migration agent had lodged my e457.

all documents uploaded on 7/02/13, co assigned on 15/02/13. Asked for one additional document which was uploaded, all good. Haven't heard anything back to date. Even my companies agent is getting frustrated with it.

i say this because most 457 visa holders before grant haven't travelled to aus as yet, I've been living there 5 years to date and Im frustrated having to keep up with rent / phone bills / insurance / car insurance, etc while DIAC doesn't even respond to my queries.

Just wondering what was the longest time it took for anyone to get a 457 approved?

Not sure I understand the issue, it s barely three weeks, this is completely within the normal range for 457 processing. That you have been in Australia for five years is irrelevant to the 457 processing time. What visa are you on at the moment?

Ours took about a week once all the paperwork was submitted.

On a bridging visa B at the moment for my 485 grad visa being at the MRT tribunal.

what pay increase are you talking about btw? What's the current minimum before tax?

Minimum pay for a 457 is $51,400 + super...........How long is waiting list for MRT tribunal? But if you left on a B Visa,& re-entered after 457 Visa applied for,you can still be working legally,while you wait for 457 Visa to start?

Waiting list for the MRT is about 2 years, lol I just want that 485 visa cancelled altogether. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to re-enter on a bridging visa B until my new visa is finalised because there's a bar on my passport applying for visas onshore after my 485 grad visa got refused.

If I understand your situation, you are on a bridging visa and are waiting an MRT decision due to a 485 refusal?

If this is the case, you could not have lodged a 457 visa while in Australia as you are blocked by Section 48 of the Act;

I am assuming therefore that you left Australia on a BVB to allow for lodgement of the 457 visa while you were outside of Australia.

The problem that you will have is that if you are in Australia when they are ready to grant the 457 visa, you will need to satisfy Schedule 3 criteria.

This complication may be causing delays.

Hey ABA

yup did that exactly, work sponsored me as I'm a hotel duty manager and I hold a bachelors degree in international hotel management from Le cordon Bleu Australia. So yeah I left the country on a BVB, my work agent submitted all docos including police checks and a skills assessment even though it wasn't asked and my chest x rays as I'm from a non ETA nation.

Left aus on 05/02/13

visa lodged online on 07/02/13

visa processed further on 14/02/13

case officer assigned and requested the actual grad certificate copy on 15/02/13

scanned color copies and sent off the next day.

havent heard anything since!!! Been a month! And my online visa status still shows chest x ray required and health reqs outstanding? Why? Agent the CO more than once with no reply back. Just a bit frustrating as I need to keep up with all my payments back in Adelaide and my partner wants me back.

whats happened the the addition 2billion dollar funding for this visa? It's a month now and nothing's happened yet!

My agent said that I don't meet shedule 3 criteria and the application would get complicated too..

im just wondering why It's taking this long to be granted, mine was a simple decision ready application.

My boss back in Adelaide is not impressed!!

I gues he didn't understand that my previous 485 grad visa was refused and The only way for another visa application is offshore.

anyone have any timelines for 457 being granted specifically from the Brisbane team?

the co hasn't even responded to a status update from my agent in almost a week now!

Archived