state sponsorship -but no conditions on visa

kxyzle

hi i have been granted my visa and when i look there are no specific conditions. it was a skilled sponsored 176 visa and i thought it meant i had to stay in wa. but when i look there is nothing mentioning this on the visa? any help? can i go anywhere with this?

also i wantedto check what happens when i arrive do i have to have a meeting with anyone? or is my passport just stamped and im allowed to go and get on with my day?

hi i have been granted my visa and when i look there are no specific conditions. it was a skilled sponsored 176 visa and i thought it meant i had to stay in wa. but when i look there is nothing mentioning this on the visa? any help? can i go anywhere with this?

also i wantedto check what happens when i arrive do i have to have a meeting with anyone? or is my passport just stamped and im allowed to go and get on with my day?

My understanding is if there are no restrictions with the visa then it is what it says on the tin. I did question my PR subclass 120 once with immigration which was payed for by my employer and I has to sign a contract with them stating I would work for them for 3 years. Immigration stated there was no restrictions apart from be a good Ozzie resident but my employer could go to the trouble of cancelling the visa as I signed a contract. I left my employer within the year and returned to the UK. The visa is still valid after 2 years as I have checked on VEVO online immigration site.

There is no legal bounding in this Visa - but you have moral binding to stay at state awarding SS. Although there would be no problem if you don't obey this binding initially but it might hurt when applying for RRV or citizenship.

There is no legal bounding in this Visa - but you have moral binding to stay at state awarding SS. Although there would be no problem if you don't obey this binding initially but it might hurt when applying for RRV or citizenship.

The state sponsorship agreement has no affect on RRV or citizenship each have their own set of requirements none which has anything to do with State Sponsorship.

The state sponsorship agreement has no affect on RRV or citizenship each have their own set of requirements none which has anything to do with State Sponsorship.

Wow! I never knew this. So one can't be penalized in anyway for not sticking to sponsorship agreements?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can someone help me with this please.... I was in WA for three months and did not get any employment and was depressed and lonely and all what I had was my son. Now I have got a job in Sydney and it is a volunteer job. however still it is in my field i thought of accepting it as it would be a great chance to get me an Australian qualifications. So i called the WA immigration today and they said that they cannot release me. I am on 176 visa and as far as I know there are no conditions. So the lady whom I spoken said even if i gave this in writing it will be highly unlikely that i will be released and i need to try at least for 6 months to one year to find a job in perth. I am shock with her answer and wondering what to do now. can they imposed a law like this? can they trap me in a state where i feel miserable and depressed? i am at a lost here and do not know what to do? can someone advice please. thanks

Hi,

Can someone help me with this please.... I was in WA for three months and did not get any employment and was depressed and lonely and all what I had was my son. Now I have got a job in Sydney and it is a volunteer job. however still it is in my field i thought of accepting it as it would be a great chance to get me an Australian qualifications. So i called the WA immigration today and they said that they cannot release me. I am on 176 visa and as far as I know there are no conditions. So the lady whom I spoken said even if i gave this in writing it will be highly unlikely that i will be released and i need to try at least for 6 months to one year to find a job in perth. I am shock with her answer and wondering what to do now. can they imposed a law like this? can they trap me in a state where i feel miserable and depressed? i am at a lost here and do not know what to do? can someone advice please. thanks

If you're still in WA, it would be a good idea to personally visit the WA Migration office on Murray Street and talk to someone in person. Do you have a record of all the job applications you've made? Wouldn't hurt to prepare a file containing printouts of all those automated emails received after applying for jobs on portals along with rejection emails if any. You can then prove that you have at least tried looking around.

Talk to them and see what they have to say.

Good luck and hope you're able to sort things out!

Archived