Funeral Clothes

tonyman

unfortunately i have my first Oz funeral after my friend and work college aged 37 passed away this week .The weather in Perth is so hot but maybe down to 28 on Saturday , the day of the funeral . my question is what is respectful and comfortable to wear at a funeral ?im looking at black pants with loose black long sleeved shirt , no tie ......does this sound ok ?

You don't have to wear black to a funeral nowadays. As others have said, everyday clothes are perfectly acceptable. If it is hot enough for a short sleeved shirt, that would be OK too. The important thing is that you are there supporting his family and showing your friendship - not what you may be wearing.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. :hug:

Sorry to hear of your friend's passing:hug:

37 is an incredibly young age.

My friend died just before Christmas last year and she was also 37. We were told not to wear black. Her family wanted everyone to wear bright colours as they wanted a celebration of her life. I don't think it matters what you wear as long as you are respectful and look smart.

Im sorry but Tonu was actually 32 not 37 as i thought , was a very emotional day and im glad that he was part of my life , was so briefly but he was one of the nicest guys ive ever met ,he was from New zealand and a huge following of the Maori were there , i do respect them so much now , they stick together and are there for each other.....todays events have made me think once again ...he has left 3 kids behind , he made them strong...after todays events the Maori is a tribe i will always respect ...Tonu Sa`u i will never forget your huge smile ..............R.I.P.

Edited by tonyman