UK Expos

debbie2302

Hi

Wondered if anyone has attended any of the Expos in the UK over the past year or so.

My OH is IT Architect, just wondering which IT companies attend these and if it is worth our while attending, looking to get sponsored if we can.

Thanks for your help.

Debbie

Hi Debbie

We went to the expo in London in november. For us. it was a complete waste of time as we had already done loads of research and didn't find it at all helpful. If you are just starting to find out about emigrating, then it probably will be quite helpful.

As to jobs, the expo website normally puts a list of what comapnies are attending, so that might give you some idea as to who will be there.

good luck

Guest cantwait

Hi Debbie

My OH is also an IT Architect. We have been to 3 expos. They are OK. We nearly got sponsorship at the last one in November, but we didn't want to go to SYdney. We are still trying to get sponsorship, preferably in queensland, so we will keep going to the expos. You can get state sponsorship to the Northern Territories as an IT architect. Has OH had his skills assessed by the ACS as you need this for sponsorship?

It depends on your definition of a waste of time? we went to the one in Edinburgh last year and are going again this year as theres different people showing, this year they have a live australian link with a british family which they never had last year, also you pick up valuable pieces of info, and if nothing else its a good day out and makes you feel that bit more excited as its all about your dream to emigrate:cool:

IT WAS THE ONE IN EDINBURGH WE WENT TO AS WELL ... TOO CROWDED AND EXPENSIVE ... WE ONLY WENT AS OUR AGENT SENT US A PASS SO THAT WE COULD HAVE A CHAT WITH THEM WHEN WE GOT THERE ... WOULD NOT HAVE PAID TO GET IN !! :no:

MRS KEILY

i would agree that it was very crowded and last year it cost us quite alot of money but theyve changed their pricing this year, and the door tickets are slightly cheaper but the main difference is that last year you had to pay for each show you went into whereas this year you pay a one off ticket and go into any show tho its first in gets the seat type thing so not sure whats the better idea! if youve never been id say go along and judge for yourself you may find it very useful you may not, wont hurt to go and check it out?

i would agree that it was very crowded and last year it cost us quite alot of money but theyve changed their pricing this year, and the door tickets are slightly cheaper but the main difference is that last year you had to pay for each show you went into whereas this year you pay a one off ticket and go into any show tho its first in gets the seat type thing so not sure whats the better idea! if youve never been id say go along and judge for yourself you may find it very useful you may not, wont hurt to go and check it out?

i registered for this one the other year we did not have to pay so i dont think it is the same as those paying expos , it was purly invites only we both applied and both got invites do not take anybody else with you including kids as they will not get in its a case of if your names not down your not getting in and they stick to this no exceptions also this one we went to was not crowded at all hope this helps

( this is assuming this is the expo on the oz gov web site )

Archived