IELTS Test Help

TheBronzeMedal

Hello, I am planning on doing my IELTS test soon for a 189 visa. I want to get Superior Pass for the points.

1 - How many times can you sit it?

2 - How much is it?

3 - Are there past tests papers or anything I can revise and practise.

Any step by step advice and experience from someone who has passed would be appreciated.

Hi just sat the IELTS today again. There is no limit on how many times you can sit it. It is £135. When they confirm your booking, they direct you to past papers to practice which are good but you can also google ielts past papers. Hope that helps.

Just sat mine again today after missing the 8 on my writing(got a 7.5) and 9 in everything else!! It's a pain to keep going but needs must!! Good luck !!

You should have had your writing paper remarked, I did on mine because I knew I should have passed it, I got marked up a whole point..:biggrin:

Hello, I am planning on doing my IELTS test soon for a 189 visa. I want to get Superior Pass for the points.

2 - How much is it?

Any step by step advice and experience from someone who has passed would be appreciated.

There is no limit how many times you can sit for IELTS. But you must check first which module you need to take in as someone else suggested too.

Charges around £135 as someone else suggested too.

When I sat for IELTS, I used some books from library and some online material too to prepare for the rest.

Hope this helps!

2 - How much is it?

http://www.aapress.com.au/

I think if you need the general or academic test depends on your occupation. Best to check that out before you book your test.

I will be getting the skills test for a Carpenter and Joiner, I have not seen anything telling me which, general or academic test i need.

How do I find this out?

Archived