Any recommendations on movers AUS to UK ?

Thistle13

Used Wridgeways for 24 boxes, cost approx. $900....20 is the minimum they will charge you for. Took 6 weeks in a shared container and I think it's still sitting In customs for clearance....longer the better for me as less storage costs.

Used Wridgeways for 24 boxes, cost approx. $900....20 is the minimum they will charge you for. Took 6 weeks in a shared container and I think it's still sitting In customs for clearance....longer the better for me as less storage costs.

Interesting, I asked for a quote on approximately 8 boxes and was quoted $850 door to door.... they never mentioned a minimum and estimated 12weeks (I realised it could take longer due to the small number), but got a quote from someone else who quoted a couple of hundred dollars less and 8 weeks. So I wanted a third quote due to the big difference.

Thanks to everyone for your info.......

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I think no need to that as well.A reliable and reputable real estate companies like Savills, Foxton, Plazaestate group and many more can give you a detailed run-down of all the expense items that you have to consider in your relocation. The accommodation you find will definitely be well furnished and you don't need to put your extra effort and time on them. Make sure that you finalize these expense items with enough time to spare so that you can properly program your cash flow and keep your finances in order.

Not sure I understand your response particularly in relation to real estate and accommodation but thank you anyway. :biggrin:

Guest guest41161

We used Kent. Picked up end November, boat arrives Tuesday, as long as my guitars are undamaged I will be happy. Would like to have been quicker but what can you do? Will post back on condition of my gear (and the wife's pots and dishes).

We used Kent. Picked up end November, boat arrives Tuesday, as long as my guitars are undamaged I will be happy. Would like to have been quicker but what can you do? Will post back on condition of my gear (and the wife's pots and dishes).

Very interested in the condition of the pots and dishes Scottydog, but I also hope the guitars are intact for you......LOL

I had a bad experience with our movers ! Not allowed to say the Name but cost me a bomb! Plus furniture had to be fumigated because of a red back found in my container still alive! Then all my electrics were damaged also . So you do right leaving all the bulk furniture with your Son! Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest41161
Very interested in the condition of the pots and dishes Scottydog, but I also hope the guitars are intact for you......LOL

So Kent picked up 28 November. Delivered 21 Feb. approx 10 cubic metres inc insurance was about 3500 AUD.

Out of our goods we lost 2 wine glasses and a vase. I can live with that. Packing, unpacking, including bed assembly was done, and good service here in UK and in Brisbane. Oh and not a scratch on the pots or guitars, so wife and I are both happy!

Archived