Can employer force me to go to China?

EasyTyler

So with everyone's help; I'm not going to die. I was pretty sure of that, sorry if I mislead anyone! I still question why everyone seems to underestimate the problem in general:

Thanks - I should have compared it - you're right; so here's my research:

Current index in Melbourne: 17 (Average 13 Micrograms per Square meter - it's currently "high" for us)

Dandenong: 34

I'm not sure that counts much against: 845

http://www.melbournetimesweekly.com.au/story/1231580/beijings-crazy-air-day/

A Lancet study published last month said a record 3.2m people died worldwide from air pollution in 2010, four times the number a decade earlier, with 1.2 million of those deaths in East Asia.

This ranked pollution for the first time in the world's top 10 list of killer diseases, mostly because of vehicle exhaust.

I wonder what scale "bad air" comes under if our own definition of acceptable, is double digits? 100? 200? Maybe 400 - then double that.

:eek:Wake up and smell the smog:eek:

Might be a worry if you were relocating there, but you are merely going for a couple of days on a work jaunt.Sounds like an opportunity to embrace to me.

I'd love an opportunity like that. Maybe your employer will let me go in your place.

I think there had been some good advice been posted here which you seem to be ignoring. People travel to China all the time without issues, people live there without issues and in 2008 the worlds best athletes spent some time there competing at the Olympics without any issues

I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

So with everyone's help; I'm not going to die. I was pretty sure of that, sorry if I mislead anyone! I still question why everyone seems to underestimate the problem in general:

Thanks - I should have compared it - you're right; so here's my research:

Current index in Melbourne: 17 (Average 13 Micrograms per Square meter - it's currently "high" for us)

Dandenong: 34

I'm not sure that counts much against: 845

http://www.melbournetimesweekly.com.au/story/1231580/beijings-crazy-air-day/

A Lancet study published last month said a record 3.2m people died worldwide from air pollution in 2010, four times the number a decade earlier, with 1.2 million of those deaths in East Asia.

This ranked pollution for the first time in the world's top 10 list of killer diseases, mostly because of vehicle exhaust.

I wonder what scale "bad air" comes under if our own definition of acceptable, is double digits? 100? 200? Maybe 400 - then double that.

:eek:Wake up and smell the smog:eek:

So don't go then. But don't expect anyone to sympathise with you, because there are over a billion people living in China and millions visit every year and they don't all drop dead after breathing in the toxic fumes for a few days.

Archived