Nurses needed NSW & WA

scotexpat

HI David

Currently working as a ward manager with 8 years experience in management and 2 years as a staff nurse in Mental Health.Educated to Master's level and i would like something in WA [Perth].I have AHPRA registrationgot work in Sydney but i am not so keen to go there

Hi David, I am uk trained RGN with 5 years post registration experience. My main positions have been General / Colo-rectal Surgery and currently Acute assessment Unit (emergency care directorate). I have PR visa and moving to Perth in May. I am just about to submit my application for registration. Do you have any opportunities suitable in Perth? Thanks, Amanda

Hello scotexpat ... I have two years experience as a community staff nurse and I am looking for sponsorship in the Perth area, however I am flexible and will work where there is a job opportunity and will happily work in a hospital as previous to my nursing I worked on a palliative ward for 3 years as a nursing auxiliary.

Kindest regards

Pam

Hi Scott I am just posting on behalf of my wife. She is a senior registered nurse band 6. Since 1997 she's 44 years old and currently works in heamatology/oncology on a stem cell transplant unit. She has vast experience in this field and has been on this ward for 13 years but before that she did general medicine.

I will get her to forward a cv in the morning we want to move to perth as soon as we get her AHPRA back.

Just thought I would make you aware we are looking at moving in the next few months in case you come across a position for her.

30-35 hours a week would be good.

Regards

Paul.

ps her name is Joanne Delahay when the cv arrives.

Hi,

I'm new to this so please bear with me. My husband and I are looking to move to WA in the next year to 18 months. I am a nurse working in Critical Care currently at Band 6 level. I have been qualified since 1995 and worked in Critical Care since 1997. I need to apply for my nursing registration in Australia first but am very confused, do I need to do the IELTS course first or is this not necessary for nurses. Once I have my nursing registration how easy would it be to get a sponsorship? Any advice would be very gratefully received. Thank You, Rebekah.

Hi,

I'm new to this so please bear with me. My husband and I are looking to move to WA in the next year to 18 months. I am a nurse working in Critical Care currently at Band 6 level. I have been qualified since 1995 and worked in Critical Care since 1997. I need to apply for my nursing registration in Australia first but am very confused, do I need to do the IELTS course first or is this not necessary for nurses. Once I have my nursing registration how easy would it be to get a sponsorship? Any advice would be very gratefully received. Thank You, Rebekah.

Hi Rebekah. You don't need ielts for nurse registration if you studied in the uk. However, ielts may be required when it comes to emigration visas, depending on what visa you opt for. My wife is being sponsored on a 457, nurses don't need ielts on this visa

Thank You RoyR,

thats cleared up a lot for me thank you. I guess now my next step is registration and hopefully then a sponsorship. How long has the whole process taken you out of interest?

Rebekah.

My wife applied for registration to the adelaide office at the beginning of November, all our documentation was in order so nothing was queried, the eligibility email/letter only came in last week. The eligibility letter is enough for emigration, the final leg of registration is done when you visit an ahpra office upon your arrival in Australia.

For the sponsorship and job part, my wife had a telephone interview in October, then a face to face interview in the uk, job offer just before Christmas, employer supplied TRN for visa maybe around 2 or 3 weeks ago, we finally submitted the visa on Saturday. The 457 is usually processed very quickly, sometimes in a matter of a couple of weeks if we're very lucky. But keep in mind this visa is a 4 year temporary visa. My wife's employer is offering PR after 3 months so that's our plan. Maybe someone else will chip in with some advice if you're planning on a different visa type. There are pro's and cons to the 457 which I'm well aware of

Thanks again RoyR,

we are looking or a permanent visa if possible. Really want Perth area but need to investigate job opportunities for hubby as well. He's a Liability Claims Investigator so needs to be ok for him too, bu thanks to your help and info I think we'll crack on with the nursing registration and keep the dream alive.

Any more info would be gratefully received guys,

Thank You,

Rebekah

• 5 weeks later...

Hi David,

Would you be able to help me with my query please? I'm very keen to come over to Australia (Glenwood nr Sydney to be precise where my sister lives) and it appears Nursing will be my strongest hand to use for the application process. I got a BSC Honours Degree from a Uni here in England Sept 2006 in 'Promoting Practice Effectiveness (Generic) (Nursing Qualification) awarded from Teesside University and in 2006 I also did

Minor Dermatological Surgical Intervention (Short Course) Certificate of Achievement Award from University of Huddersfield. I worked for 3 years at local Durham University Hospital in the Dermatology Department until 2007. My Nursing Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council over here has either expired or will expire Oct of this year. You see since 2007 I have been working as a Homoeopath (self employed) which is pretty much my first love. To re-register with the NMC there is a Return to Practice Course I can do at a local University which starts in September and runs for 3 months and that includes 100 clinical hours of experience. I am left wondering though whether there is a way of getting to Australia where I can do what I need to do with the Australian NMC equivalent and acquire any work experience through your agency or would I be better getting gaining my registration over here first?

Anything you or anyone can help me with would be VERY much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

hi RoyR,

Thank you for your info. We are in the same boot (did APRHA in Adelaide too) but waiting for the TRN number as soon we have that we can finish the 457 visa. Now I know it's a temp visa and are not really happy with that.

You write;

My wife's employer is offering PR after 3 months so that's our plan.

Now here's my confusion / question; "to apply for PR having a 457 visa you need to work for 2 years" is written on the immi web site. So how can you apply for PR after just 3 months?

Many thanks,

hi RoyR,

Thank you for your info. We are in the same boot (did APRHA in Adelaide too) but waiting for the TRN number as soon we have that we can finish the 457 visa. Now I know it's a temp visa and are not really happy with that.

You write;

Now here's my confusion / question; "to apply for PR having a 457 visa you need to work for 2 years" is written on the immi web site. So how can you apply for PR after just 3 months?

Many thanks,

I'm not sure on the specifics, I only know there are 2 paths to PR from a 457. If you take the path that you're talking about you don't need to do the skills test as your 2 years working covers that. With the other path, as far as I know, you can apply for PR at any time as long as your employer is willing to sponsor you.

As a side note, we've now got our visa and should be in Adelaide in June :-)

I'm not sure on the specifics, I only know there are 2 paths to PR from a 457. If you take the path that you're talking about you don't need to do the skills test as your 2 years working covers that. With the other path, as far as I know, you can apply for PR at any time as long as your employer is willing to sponsor you.

As a side note, we've now got our visa and should be in Adelaide in June :-)

Thank you for your answer, congrats with the Visa and good luck in Adelaide!