Been here 4 weeks today!

samozsoon

Hi All, Just like to say 'Welcome' to all the newbies and Good Luck to you all and Congrats to everyone who now has their visas, ack, CO's, etc, you're all one step closer!

Well its our 4 week anniversary today so heres what we've been up to!

Well alls going well (too well?!?!)

Chris has been at work for 2 weeks and is really enjoying it, which is good cus he really didnt want to come originally as he loved his job in the UK so much.

The new company have been brill, they've paid our expenses (as they said they would) the day after he started and have let me use his company car while he's at work. They also had the car delivered to the airport hotel for when we arrived even though he didnt start work til 2 weeks later.

We have a rental, I like the area but the house is ok-ish, its all green, green walls, carpet, tiles, lino, kitchen units, worktops etc........

The dogs are back with us too.

Our container arrived on Tuesday, it left the UK on Nov 26th arrived here on Jan 8th and passed customs and quarantine with no probs which surprised me as I've bought loads of xmas decs (the packers were taking the p*** because I had so many trees) and candles, tools, etc but I gave away all my wicker and garden tools.

I havent opened all the boxes yet, we didnt want them all unpacking as were hoping to move again in 6mths, but so far nothing is missing and nothing broken.

Kieran started school yesterday and loves it. He's gone to High School yr 7 even though he's only 11 and all the kids in his class are 12, his new friend is 13 on Wed! But the Head who we saw didnt say anything and has but him in the top group for everything. He was pleased with his yr6 report from England but wanted to know what 'all these numbers are' (his sats results)!

Cody (16) after a few tears and a lot of 'I'm not going back to school', is going back, her first day is today. She also really liked the Head, mainly cus he's letting her just do yr 12, where as everyone had said she MUST do yr 11 first.

She has also enrolled in a Dance School and will start her Teacher Training with them next week to become a Jazz teacher. She should be qualified by Christmas and then will do her Tap training nx yr.

She (at 16) was our main worry and although she hasnt made any friends yet as she hasnt been to school, she is settling really well, although she looks at flights to England everyday (but only for a hol).

They have both done a weeks 'Surf School'. Kieran really enjoyed it and is going every weekend, Cody thought it was to energetic and 'no way is she getting up at 7am to go surfing'!

We have left our eldest in the UK finishing A-levels, he's doing fine living with bro-in-law (or so he tells me), I panic a bit if I havent heard from him (tx/email) for 2 days so I start ringing him, normally in the middle of the night (for him!)

He's coming over at Easter for 2 weeks then (hopefully) for good in July.

Its very strange doing everything without him.

So that just leaves me, I'm fine, been to busy to miss anything yet, havent even registered for Medicare yet! My mom, who lives in QLD, is coming next week (she can unpack some boxes) for 2 weeks.

Tony & Lynne are my new best friends lol and yesterday I met Marilyn (Dave53's wife) who is lovely. Hoping to also get round to seeing others from this site too.

Havent seen anything really nasty yet but have been over run with cockroaches, its amazing how quickly you get used to them! Bug man has been now though so we only find dead ones!

Sorry I've gone on a bit............:chatterbox:

Sam xxx

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Sam, lovely to hear you have all settled in so well........... and that everyone is making friends, that's one of the things that i'm worried about.

Keep us posted.

KP Nuts

Guest suenadam

Excellent well done, we fly out on the 8th March to Chatswood to start till we find a suburb to settle in, and a bit nervous, but its so much reassuring when you hear how others have settled so quickly.

Good on ya Sam!

So so glad to hear it's all going well for you. We are hoping to arrive in a couple of weeks now (its a very long story!!!??!?!?!) and if we fly into Sydney I will expect the kettle to be on!!!:jiggy:

Catch up soon

Luv Lyn x

Yes Lyn, come to Sydney, you can stay with us, you wont need a rental you can share ours its big enough!

Could do with Sean too as all the bloody taps leak, so much for saving water lol.

Sam x

We do seem to have settled quite easily.

I've had quite a lonely day today, its my birthday, so I went shopping on my own, whereas I would have been out to lunch and had cards and baloons from work had I still been in the UK, but hey hubby home now so going to look at (another) plot of land then going out for dinner.

My mom is coming down from QLD tomorrow to stay so that'll be nice too.

Hopefully we'll all be ok, I'm sure we'll have down days but so far so good.

Sam xx

We do seem to have settled quite easily.

I've had quite a lonely day today, its my birthday, so I went shopping on my own, whereas I would have been out to lunch and had cards and baloons from work had I still been in the UK, but hey hubby home now so going to look at (another) plot of land then going out for dinner.

My mom is coming down from QLD tomorrow to stay so that'll be nice too.

Hopefully we'll all be ok, I'm sure we'll have down days but so far so good.

Sam xx

Hey Sam you kept that one quiet :chatterbox: Well a huge Happy-Birthday.gif Hope you have a fantastic meal hun you sooooo deserve it babes and we are soooooo looking forward to coming to yours on Sat 16th wooohooo :yes: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest The Baggo's

Hi sam, hope you had a lovely birthday! glad you are all settled. Been here 3 months now and love it - had a few ups and downs - nothing major! good luck Nat x

Archived