Who are we leaving behind ?

gilliantay

Not sure if this has been done before but we all seem to know who is going......

If we get our visa, I will be leaving 3 of my children behind

Natalie who is 24

Andrew who is 23

Hollie who will be 21 this year

They are no longer dependant on us (haa haa) but they have no qualms about our potential departure.

Jimmy will be leaving his parents, brother and sister.

Gill

Hi Gillian

I will be leaving my daughter Natalie, 21 here, (to my 1st marriage) I cannot imagine how I am going to be able to leave without her but we have to think of my other children, 12 yr old triplets, we are thinking of their lives, as there is not much for them here in this country, especially by the time they leave school.

Its nice to see that we are not on our own leaving children here.

Debbie Stuart and Kids

Guest afiyafifi

I will be leaving my 21 year old son behind , and my 1 year old grandaughter, plus my parents etc its going to be hard ...

Guest Australia

Hey Fraggles, how long have you been in Newcastle? are you liking it? what do you both do?

We posted our big app on Monday and thinking of Newcastle as hubbie is an engineer and there seems to be plenty of jobs also its not too from Sydney which I luv..

It seems quite an arty place too wud love t o get an arty job!! plus the beaches seem nice, would be great to have some info bout the place and see some photos.

Hope you can give me a bit of inside info. -Kirstie:wubclub:

Hi, we have had to leave 3 of our four grown up children behind My two sons who are aged 24 and 22yrs who are financially independent of us so would have to apply in their own rite and our daughter who will be 19 in April. Fortunately our daughter was 17yrs when we applied and at college so she was able to be included in our visa application. My eldest son lives with his fiancee and is mortgaged but he is a brickie like his dad so he has a trade if he wants to come over (but fiancee isn't keen!!!). Second son and daughter currently living with grandparents and are coming over to validate daughters visa in March (Easter ) can't wait!!!. We do miss them but have regular contact re skype and daughter intends to come here for uni. But it was and remains difficult but they are at stages in establishing their own lives and we would have to cut the apron strings whether we werein the Uk or Oz.

Monty

hello there australia ,well was here on a working visa in 2006 and met a girl we got engaged and she came home with me to the uk for all last year ,we applied for a spouse visa for me this year as were getting married 0n feb 9th :) .yes newcastle is really nice place to live ,we live in valentine its like a big village ,and your right the beaches are great ,were staying with my partners mum n dad here ,i start a job in march in surfers paradise thats were we wanted to move ,my job is a tower crane op and leannes job is a hairdresser ,if you look on flickr and search for newcastle australia ,there is pictures of newcastle on there

Not sure if this has been done before but we all seem to know who is going......

If we get our visa, I will be leaving 3 of my children behind

Natalie who is 24

Andrew who is 23

Hollie who will be 21 this year

They are no longer dependant on us (haa haa) but they have no qualms about our potential departure.

Jimmy will be leaving his parents, brother and sister.

Gill

If we ever get started (still waiting on paperwork in the post before we can take the next step!:arghh:) we would be leaving both our mums and their other halves, my dad, my sister and 3 nieces, 1 nephew, OH's sister & hubby and his neice and nephew, OH's nan, daughters godparents who are also our best mates and their children :cry:.........but we don't see them all that often anyway so I don't think it will be as hard for us as for some although we love em all! I have loads of sympathy for those leaving older children, but they will love coming over for hols hopefully and maybe even follow one day? Good luck everyone, it will be worth it!!

:yes:

I left my dad on his own, but even though he was sad he also knew that it was the right thing for us to do. He visited last year and is saving up (not easy when he's only on a pension) to come and see us again this year.

Ali

My Mum and Dad, both in their 70s. My brother and his family are already living in South Africa. My Mum stopped speaking to me about 5 months before we left the UK, all just too much for her I think. She rang us again for the first time at Christmas. Thats about 8 months she cut us out for. It's very hard on them but they seem much happier with the whole thing now.

No way could I leave kids. Too hard.

Its not easy leaving anyone behind - we left quite alot of family members behind but the ones i miss the most are my 2 daughters - one who will be 21 next week and the other who will be 18 in March (i have one daughter here with me in oz almost 14) its the HARDEST thing i have ever had too do

gizmo

We left behind a daughter of 21 and a son of 19. they are doing brilliantly tho..thank goodness..We also left my nan of 86, my ma n pa...My sister and her family, Mr brother and his..another brother and his family too, although we are not so close to them..We are a well travelled family so my ma n pa are used to at least 2 of thier kids being out of the country at the same time..

We arrived to Pauls mum and her partner, Pauls brother and his wife and Pauls 2 step sisters and thier families..

Jo x

Sorry still cant figure out how to add post without joining it onto someones, I left my daughter 19 (at uni in UK) and living with boyfriend, my son 16 he changed his mind after we got his visa but is staying with his father and is ok, we sorted him out a job in uk so he seems really happy all his mates lots of hobies etc, breaks my heart though to leave them both. I have a cunning plan to get them over here though eventually. Mum,brother,parents in law,in laws generally and best friend but I have to say although I miss them all very much (especially children )I take one day at a time and this seems to work for me Gillyx

I'm leaving behind my mum, sister, brother in law, two nieces, lots of good mates, my pet snake, and a vespa... but gaining my girl, her four kids, a dog, two chooks, her brothers/sisters and families, and hopefully another vespa and pet snake when i get out there :spinny:

Guest sharleen29

We are leaving behind my mum, dad, 2 brothers, sisterinlaw, 2 nephews, 1 niece. My OH leaving behind mum, 2 sisters, 1 brother (but he lives in London anyway), granny, granda. Thats not including aunties and uncles and large circle of friends! Better get a big giant house for when they all come to visit!!

xxx

WE are leaving behind my son 17 living with father last 2years asked if he wanted to come didnt want to my husbands to daughters 14 ,10 will realy miss them all my mum,dad,brother sister,4 nephews,husbands mum,dad,sister,nice nephew taking my son 14

Guest colin&miche

We will be leaving behind, (when we eventually get there) my son 20 in march ,been idependent from us for 3yrs now and my daughter who is 15 she will be moving in with her dad, which he has wanted since we split up 12 yrs ago. this is her choice and would actually in some ways be a lot easier at the moment as i know her biological dad wouldnt allow her to go even if she wanted to . Anyways , we would be leaving my um and dad but i have not seen them in 4 yrs and havent really had much contact with them in this time either , due to a falling out, (telling me how many kids i could have and told me to get rid of my twins when i was preg) . so will miss them a bit but not as much as some , my husbands mum and dad we will miss them loads as they been a mum and dad to me so much since we married 8 yrs ago, they have said they will be over every yr though for a minimum of 3mths each yr

so thts a bonus , we will also be leaving behind my sister, brother, my husbands brother, nephews and nieces, our childrens godmother and loads of friends

but they have all been very supportive and told us to make a go of it .

regards michell

My oldest daughter Natalie who has been with her boyfriend for some years has just informed me that she is going to be trying for a baby (aaagggghhhhhhhhhhhh).So I could now be leaving a potential grandchild behind.

I have told her more than once that I am far too young to be a grandmother.

Mixed feelings on this one.

Gill

Guest Letasha

We are leaving behind a very big family but the only person i'm really sad about leavin is my gran (my daughters great gran). As she is older i know she will never visit whereas everyone else is able to. This could be the factor in any mind changing because my 3 year old is her world. At the end of the day we just have to weigh everything up........ its soooo hard! :cry:

Oh god im leaving everyone. Mum, dad, sis, brother, brother-in-law, 4 neices and a neice/nephew due aug I wont see, my lovely cat Daisy and some really good friends. Im gutted but I have my family to think of. Were having the biggest party before we leave with an ozzy theme.

Guest The 3 Bears

We would be leaving behind my Mum n Dad both in 70's, a sister, 2 brothers (although 1 in London), 2 nephews, 3 nieces and my in-laws. My OH's mum and dad have been really supportive and his sister stopped talking to him back in October because his mum agreed to watch our son and couldn't watch her daughter. Not going to miss much there then!!!!!

Although we have friends I've noticed that since we had our son 3 years ago and we're no longer doing the running to them we don't see them very often.......actually not at all. Again no loss.

I applaud those of you that left behind kids but I suppose you live in hope that when they visit they will love it and want to stay.

Guest scots-in-oz!

The only person I'm leaving behind is my brother, but hopefully he'll follow us out one day. Robert don't see that much of his family, and we'll probabally end up seeing more of them when we eventually get to Oz, as they've all said they'll come down for holidays. We're also leaving behind some close friends, but aim to try really to make some new ones there.

Me not having much in the way of family, and Robert not being close to his will probablly make it easier for us to leave. No doubt there will still be tears at the airport!

Mags:wubclub:

x

hi all, we will be leaving my mum and dad (gutted) i'm about 500 miles from her now but we speak everyday on the phone, sometimes more. but she is getting into e-mail and msn etc, so even if we dont get to speak every day we can at least keep in contact everyday :smile: now for the things i wont miss!!!........ ENGLAND!!!!! :twitcy:

Archived