How about we call this the UK weather forum?

Surf N Turf

Yeah. Because you're all Brits doing the talking. It's a little known fact that some other nationalities (probably obscure amazonian tribal peeps) sometimes have gatherings in which the weather IS NEVER MENTIONED!!!!!! It beggars belief. Although once I think I went to a BBQ with my fellow countryfolk in which it only got a casual mention. Extraordinary.

People have stood for parliament to fight less serious issues. Go for it Stacey! Make Britain better in 2013 :smile:

I'd prob get more votes than Alex salmond lol, they've been messing with the lion bars too, the packaging is all puffed up and then it's a lot smaller . not fooling anybody!

Seems to crop up a lot when people talk about Australia as well

Jeez thot i had left all the weather talk behind when i moved to Oz

No bloody chance, Ozzies are just as bad as us

On the news websites right now they are fighting it out over who can get get the highest temp, best bushfires, longest heatwave etc

Well I'm going to talk about the weather!Its unusually mild actually!I leave for work at 6.20am,and this time of year I am normally wearing a coat,gloves,scarf,boots and yes I drive to work!lol For the last maybe 3 weeks I have left my house without having to wear a coat etc.Amazing!I've only scraped my car windows once so far this winter,and that was only light frost.

Jeez thot i had left all the weather talk behind when i moved to Oz

No bloody chance, Ozzies are just as bad as us

On the news websites right now they are fighting it out over who can get get the highest temp, best bushfires, longest heatwave etc

Do you really think we're as obsessed? When it gets to extremes, as it did heat wise in many places yesterday, then yes it's a topic of conversation. Floods, fires and all the rest are newsworthy. But in day to day interactions? It felt like an extension to saying hello in the UK. A greeting would seem to be naturally followed by a comment on the weather. I don't find that so much here.

Having said that, this thread was a joke more than a criticism :)

Archived