Speeding ticket... Complicated story...

Honeybun

It was there in March and early April and is there other times apparently. Right in the middle by the whale fountain. Maybe he shuts up shop for those quieter months or during the week and only opens on weekends? He told me he'd been there for years and was from the midlands somewhere (can't recall where exactly now). I remember a great fish and chip shop also not far away. Couple of decent bars/pubs and a good pie shop (sounds like I ate my way through Victor but been there a few times now and was there for a weekend also on a mini break with some family).

And ooops, my bad to the OP for derailing so far off topic, but the sausages were good :tongue: Will try to think of something topical and post back :biggrin:

Yeah,i went to that chippy,if its the same one,sorta over to the right from the fountain,down one of the side roads,near the pictures i think,love Victor tbh(what i know of it that is),view from the bluff is great!

Just blame me for going offtopic,i always manage it somehow,your a mod,you dont do anything wrong,i on the other hand was always forced to sit at the front of the class so the teachers could keep an eye on me

Not a good idea as 13/14 Y.O in Miss woods class!,always wore THE tightest trousers in the world,gorgeous she was..............

#Ramble alert!#

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of moralising, good advice to the OP would be :obviously don't speed - but you are able to appeal via internal review in Victoria. Look it up on Vic Roads or police websites. Write, sincerely apologising for bad driving, say you've done your best to obey traffic regulations and that you were not familiar being recently arrived from overseas. You had no intention of speeding but you realise how dangerous it is. You may be let off this once.

Rupert,

i hope you read the whole story.. We weren't speeding but just checking the TCS on a open and empty country road.. And that's why the officer told us what he did.

Testing the traction control system at 130km/h... What type of car are you driving? Good thing it didn't spin out.

Instead of moralising, good advice to the OP would be :obviously don't speed - but you are able to appeal via internal review in Victoria. Look it up on Vic Roads or police websites. Write, sincerely apologising for bad driving, say you've done your best to obey traffic regulations and that you were not familiar being recently arrived from overseas. You had no intention of speeding but you realise how dangerous it is. You may be let off this once.

Yes, I agree, I have been left off via this route - though the 130km speed my count against you.

On the OP's original question - I changed my UK licence to a Victorian one within the 6 months deadline for PR, and did not retrosepctively receive demerit points incurred while on the UK licence.

Pabs,got the giggles thinking about Vic Harbour.Oh and I stayed there overnight not long ago,on a Friday?Got ready to hit the town,first pub we went to had about 6 people in it,all old.Had a quick drink and headed for the "high"street.My god it was like a ghost town.I half expected to see spinifex blowing down the street!:biglaugh:No one walking around outside so figured the pubs must be buzzing?Went in 3 and all pretty much empty!My sister and bro in law live just outside the town,and in April are coming to the UK for 6 mths!

Pabs,got the giggles thinking about Vic Harbour.Oh and I stayed there overnight not long ago,on a Friday?Got ready to hit the town,first pub we went to had about 6 people in it,all old.Had a quick drink and headed for the "high"street.My god it was like a ghost town.I half expected to see spinifex blowing down the street!:biglaugh:No one walking around outside so figured the pubs must be buzzing?Went in 3 and all pretty much empty!My sister and bro in law live just outside the town,and in April are coming to the UK for 6 mths!

Well that sounds VERY quiet Mel,#starts thinking......#:wideeyed:

Ahhh i dont know tho,IF i get there, a cpl of herbal plants on the balcony and a slug of scotch should suffice,i'm a pariah (smoker)anyway,so were only allowed outside pubs anyway.

I'm thinking a blond wig,be like Victors answer to Peter Stringfellow:twitcy:

Well that sounds VERY quiet Mel,#starts thinking......#:wideeyed:

Ahhh i dont know tho,IF i get there, a cpl of herbal plants on the balcony and a slug of scotch should suffice,i'm a pariah (smoker)anyway,so were only allowed outside pubs anyway.

I'm thinking a blond wig,be like Victors answer to Peter Stringfellow:twitcy:

Thats hilarious Pabs!The night we were there,after trying to find some life???We decided to buy a bottle and have a booze up in our hotel room.So we're walking back to the hotel and we bump into two women,also out on the town.We asked where everyone was,and they replied "Its always like this except in schoolies week"It was like we had arrived in Royston Vasey!hahahahhahaha

Thats hilarious Pabs!The night we were there,after trying to find some life???We decided to buy a bottle and have a booze up in our hotel room.So we're walking back to the hotel and we bump into two women,also out on the town.We asked where everyone was,and they replied "Its always like this except in schoolies week"It was like we had arrived in Royston Vasey!hahahahhahaha

:laugh:Well if it gets too boring i can always try and cadge a lift in the OP's fellahs car,that should liven things up:twitcy:

Archived