Anyone heard from Wanted Down Under??

lara24

Hi criteria needed

1. meddling inlaws

2. Spotty step children with disagreeable ex partner

3. Dislike of hot weather

4. Unwilling to move without your pet horse( prefer to leave husband instead)

5.Never been abroad.

6.no money in the bank

7.must be in to alternative lifestyle, yoga, crystals,recycling,wearing dungarees.

Please apply in the first instance:err:

Hi criteria needed

1. meddling inlaws

2. Spotty step children with disagreeable ex partner

3. Dislike of hot weather

4. Unwilling to move without your pet horse( prefer to leave husband instead)

5.Never been abroad.

6.no money in the bank

7.must be in to alternative lifestyle, yoga, crystals,recycling,wearing dungarees.

Please apply in the first instance:err:

We filled out the forms, sent the pictures etc and DID hear back but only to confirm that our application had not succeeded to the next stage maybe based on the following?

1, yet to tell them.....

2, no kids or nightmare ex's

3, we love the hot weather although fair skinned, mid 50's in India was not an issue

4, does a record collection count? There are 5000 of them?

5, we are well travelled......could loose our passports I suppose?

6, that's normal, seriously they wanted to know a lot about funds

7, I've got hairy armpits so 1/2 way there......I am a bloke though!

S

Hi, I applied this time last year and if I recall correctly, they contacted me in December or January for a Skype interview and then I heard late January that I was successful... So you may still hear something yet. I hope you do. Although its awful being filmed and I can only worry how it will be edited (!!) it was a great experience to see Australia! Good Luck!

I'm sure they still have to pay for own flights..sure I read this, the prog helps with finding houses/areas etc.

No they do pay for flights and accommodation, you only need to pay for extra nights accommodation if you want to stay longer than the week of filming.

Hi, I applied this time last year and if I recall correctly, they contacted me in December or January for a Skype interview and then I heard late January that I was successful... So you may still hear something yet. I hope you do. Although its awful being filmed and I can only worry how it will be edited (!!) it was a great experience to see Australia! Good Luck!

Thanks Davo, defo not had a rejection e-mail yet so we may still be in the running. Oh just noticed you are from the same neck of the woods as us. We are in Inverurie......... Let us know when your show is due to be aired - will look forward to it.

Thanks Davo, defo not had a rejection e-mail yet so we may still be in the running. Oh just noticed you are from the same neck of the woods as us. We are in Inverurie......... Let us know when your show is due to be aired - will look forward to it.

Very small world!! I lived in inverurie until November this year! Just sold our house and moved back to live with relatives to save for our move! Our show is on 17th Jan - embarrassed about it and some people are cynical that people just use it and do not move but that is not the case for us. Although it was awful being filmed at times, it has allowed us to decide finally to make the move and moved forward our plans by at least 12 months. After the show (we were in Qld in April) I sat my IELTS, we applied for our 175 visa (which was granted in Sept), have sold our house and began searching for jobs. We leave early Sept - loads still to do but looking forward to the challenge.

Good Luck!

My Brother in law is down to the final group of people. He got interviewed on the phone and then they came to his house in December.

He said they were down to the final 20 or so couples so not looking good for those that haven't heard yet!

Ah, thanks. We never really thought we had a chance anyway, like I said not enough drama in our family to make interesting TV. Looking forward to the new series, I noticed it starts next week. Good luck to you BIL, hope they make the final selection.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya just wanted to say we (me & my OH) really enjoyed your wanted down under!! You had nothing to be embarrassed about cos it was really good, good luck to you all with the move anyway

Archived