'Check the pool & your shoes' Funnel Web warning from the Daily Telegraph.

MARYROSE02

I've not seen one as of yet either, although one of my friends who lives about two minutes from here has seen loads in her garden. They have been renovating the garden though, so I guess they are being disturbed by that. Our house is on a concrete slab with exposed edges, and since they can't climb I don't worry about them in the house, but I guess I would find them in the garden if I looked long enough.

Guest littlesarah

We fully expected to find loads, seeing as we pulled up most of the back yard to put lawn down and ripped the fence out too. But didn't see even one. However, next door assure me they get lots around their place. Haven't figured that one out as yet!

It should be common sense to look in your shoes before you put them on. But in Sydney, you'd be mad to leave them outside.

IS it hysterical? Stirring up nasty anti-funnel web spider rage? Or is it just a factual article warning their readers of the dangers ahead of an other summer?

Hubby often finds a toad in his work boots in a morning, if theyve been left outside,lol.. If he found of those spiders i think he would always bring them inside (regardless of the smell,lol). I dont think funnel webs are common in or around Brissy even though the odd one has been found here and there, we found a snake in our skimmer box a few years ago so are always a bit OTT checking the pool before we jump in.

Cal x