Activation and Reccie trip..........

midwife2005

• 1 month later...

So we're back now :-( worst luck. Could have just stayed there! We were in Mindarie Perth and I have to say absolutely loved it and now we are chomping at the bit to get back out there. We stayed in a house for four weeks and I was pegging washing out in the third week and was thinking in my head "I live here" then I remembered that I didn't and was gutted. It was expensive obviously cos we were spending pounds but we got over that after a week. The exchange rate is what it is and it's probably not going to change so we're just going to bite the bullet and take whatever money we have over there. Everyone we spoke to works as hard as they did here but as my lovely friend said "you just have a better day off" and at the end of the day isn't that what we all want. So we're off as soon as we can. Excited isn't the word, we are so looking forward to our new lives. It can't come soon enough :biggrin:

So we're back now :-( worst luck. Could have just stayed there! We were in Mindarie Perth and I have to say absolutely loved it and now we are chomping at the bit to get back out there. We stayed in a house for four weeks and I was pegging washing out in the third week and was thinking in my head "I live here" then I remembered that I didn't and was gutted. It was expensive obviously cos we were spending pounds but we got over that after a week. The exchange rate is what it is and it's probably not going to change so we're just going to bite the bullet and take whatever money we have over there. Everyone we spoke to works as hard as they did here but as my lovely friend said "you just have a better day off" and at the end of the day isn't that what we all want. So we're off as soon as we can. Excited isn't the word, we are so looking forward to our new lives. It can't come soon enough :biggrin:

Glad you enjoyed it we go this Tuesday for a month to Rockingham and I can't contain myself now. It seams like a life time ago when we started the Visa application and now here goes....

Glad you had a great time,, when are you thinking if moving over for good?

Cal x

Unfortunetly it's going to be about 12 months. My husband has his own business which we have to try and sell. He's in the building industry and in this climate we may struggle. Hope things go as planned, if he had a job he could just hand his notice in I'd have put the house on the market right now and gone straight back. Fingers crossed we can sell.

Glad you enjoyed it we go this Tuesday for a month to Rockingham and I can't contain myself now. It seams like a life time ago when we started the Visa application and now here goes....

I can't recommend enough going on a reccie. It put all my fears to rest and although its still scary it doesn't seem like such a big risk anymore. Enjoy your holiday, sooooo jealous :-)

• 2 weeks later...
I can't recommend enough going on a reccie. It put all my fears to rest and although its still scary it doesn't seem like such a big risk anymore. Enjoy your holiday, sooooo jealous :-)

Hi

you are absolutely right to go for a reccie we have been here for 10 days and it is such an amazing place.... It is nothing what we expected but then we are not sure what we expected but it is an amazing country.... The people are so nice it is unbelievable we have met so many people who have helped us already.... We have looked at house and land packages and after 10 days we are sure we want to move here and make a go of it.... We have heard all kinds on this site from both sides good & bad but you really do need to come and see for yourself.... I have looked in the west australian paper today and there are so many jobs with good pay and I really do believe if you give it your best shot and want to make it you will.... I can also see now that the UK isn't as bad as we thought and if you look at the big picture the UK is fantastic in many ways (never thought I would ever say that) but for us we now know OZ is the place we would like to be and make a go of it.... It is daunting knowing we have to try and sell two houses in the UK in the current market but it needs to be done.... I would advise anyone who is thinking of coming and can afford to do a reccie first to do it as although this forum is amazing and has helped us so much through our visa process there are so many different opinions and people who like to put you off.... you do need to take in all the advice and info you can, process it and decide for yourself....

36 days till we fly for our reccie to Perth and I'm getting a little (OK - very!) excited. We haven't told the girls yet as I couldn't stand the build up from our 3 and 5 year olds.

Really hoping OH likes what he sees as he has never been to Oz before and it all hinges on convincing him to make the move.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived