Beautiful Gestures on PIO

ali

I have had a lot of people sending me PMs when I've posted my least joyful threads. It really is helpful and it meant a lot. Especially cos I am AMAZED people are still reading them and not thinking OMG when is she going to get over this! x x

i don't really think people know how much their messages of support really mean during our darker moments, there are certain members on here and they know who they are, who have been particularly caring and supportive during my recent illness, I just hope they know how much they mean to me, even though we haven't yet had the pleasure to meet up yet, I feel as I'd we have a bond between us and would become best friends in real life too :wubclub: can you feel the love :wubclub: I can from these people x x

TBH I'd be suspicious of someone bestowing gifts or favours in an unsolicited manner. Usually, theres an alterior motive.

It's sad you feel that way. I think that there is a sense that we are all in the same boat when we emigrate so we should do what we can to help each other out. Most people don't have any back up when they arrive so it is great to help each other out.

It's sad you feel that way. I think that there is a sense that we are all in the same boat when we emigrate so we should do what we can to help each other out. Most people don't have any back up when they arrive so it is great to help each other out.

Sad to you maybe! Realistic to me.

I have had support when times were hard via PM's, and have in return offered support to others who have been having a rough time. It is lovely when you are feeling down and you get a message from someone who took the time to write and offer support, even if there is nothing practical they can do. Makes me feel like I am part of a big community.

Sad to you maybe! Realistic to me.

I can understand that to some extent Dom, if I suddenly started receiving unsolicited gifts from someone I didn't know well, I'd probably feel a little uncomfortable myself, but I guess what this thread shows is that the gestures that are most appreciated by others are relatively small.

Archived