Good News, Bad News

oldgit

Hello Everyone,

Good news

After 11 months of feeling in limbo, I today received a phone call from my agent telling me that we have been granted our 136 visa. Brilliant, thank you, thank you, thank you!:biglaugh:

Bad news

At 6.15pm tonight whilst sharing a bottle of champagne with my wife, I received a phone call from my accountant, just to let me know that I owe £8000 in capital gains tax and just to cheer me up even more he told me that they would like it next week!:sad:

Could they not have let me and my wife enjoy the moment for a little longer?

Anyway, c'est la vie.

All the best to everyone who is still waiting for visas to be granted.

From the oldgit

:)

ps. I don't suppose anyone could lend me a couple of quid, could they?:goofy:

Guest Ron & Chel

Well oldgit wat can i say if you owe 8k capital gains then you must of made a nice little packet to take to Oz and if your accountant is any good i would have a guess that it should have been more i know my accountant would have good luck on yer and congrats on your visa

Well oldgit wat can i say if you owe 8k capital gains then you must of made a nice little packet to take to Oz and if your accountant is any good i would have a guess that it should have been more i know my accountant would have good luck on yer and congrats on your visa

Yeh but i want to keep it

Guest Working to fish

Well done olgit to you and your family on getting your visa. I'm sure you're well over the moon as for that bloody tax man i know how you feel.

eddie,tina

:shocked::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING THE VISA, and trust the tax man to try and put a damper on things!! Dont worry your out of here now

Good luck:cool:

Archived