Doesn't Australia vs UK comparisons become boring

jasepom

Hi there,

Does anyone get sick of continually comparing UK to Australia ?

As PIO posters know I am guilty of this myself and has got me into a lot of trouble (going back and forth).

Can't we just emigrate and be happy with the choices we have living in Australia. There is no shortage of positives, why can't we just be thankful for them. (see Home post :-) )

Cheers,

Jason.

Hi there,

As PIO posters know I am guilty of this myself and has got me into a lot of trouble (going back and forth).

Can't we just emigrate and be happy with the choices we have living in Australia. There is no shortage of positives, why can't we just be thankful for them. (see Home post :-) )

Cheers,

Jason.

I get very sick of it, especially when an interesting and/or helpful thread is hijacked.

I have no problem when someone talks about their joy or their troubles in the UK or Oz but it should not be an attack on a people or a culture. We have all read the threads that call Poms "whingers" or Aussies having "a chip on their shoulder". This obviously creates a negative reaction and to me is how a bully behaves and should not be allowed on a forum such as PIO. its a bit like calling people pakis or niggers, which rightly so is not allowed so why do we allow other name calling for the British or Aussies.

The other thing that grates in the UK v Oz debates is when a poster takes the view that one country is ALL bad...the weather, the culture, the food, the beer, the job situation, the cost of living...and probably even religion and politics! It is never all bad or all good and a bit of realism in some of the postings would be good but seems impossible for some posters to master.

Guest paulwbafc

Cheer up. I have enjoyed a marvelous day off in this fine land enjoying the glorious sunshine, witnessed a partial eclipse this morning been out in the country too. How good looking is where I live right now.

Hi there,

Cheers,

Jason.

Yes, totally. They're two different countries, each with their own good and bad points.

The thing is, at least for those of us with visas, we're the lucky ones--we have a choice of two great countries to live in. The vast majority of people don't have such a choice--whichever country we choose to live in, we're the winners.

Archived