Has anyone ever booked their flights prior to getting a visa??

lauracoldwell

I would only book them if you can change the dates. The cheapest flights don't let you do this or have a huge admin cost to do so.

Or if you are happy to just have a holiday/reccie if the visas are not granted.

What stage are you at with the visa now?

Guest paulwbafc

Where did u get the good prices? Risky booking before getting a visa as process often full of delays due to altering paperwork for your application etc.

Hey guys thanks for your replies :)

I am in the middle of getting SS sorted. I am going through Ian Harrop and have been advised that we should have a visa pretty soon. we literally have the visa app, medicals and police checks to do. Neither of us have any issues with the police or medically that we know of but I know medicals get refferred for healthy individuals.

I am going out as a mental health nurse and I have already had my AHPRA deadline extended so i HAVE to be there before end of August. we are looking to fly on the 15th with cathay pacific at £655 per person with 40KG'S luggage. Just wondering weather to book really. xx

Hi bubbe2005,

I know, what a nightmare. If it is 14 weeks I should hear on 12th November to the day. I hope this is just temporary. I wanted my visa as a Christmas present :( xx

it did say it was temporary. my occupation is now medium availability :( so i hope to get SS in Dec for my Christmas present lol

I probably wouldn`t do that, never know what might happen. Unless of course you`ll be going for a trip anyway to finish the AHPRA registration. We thought we were going to have a visa soon, medicals fine, police clearances fine, applying from the US ( low risk).... almost everyone in our group ( June) already has a visa, even people who had their meds referred. They decided to send our application for "external check" - which BTW can take a year to do :confused: - because we used to work in the Middle East 8 years ago:mad:. There is unfortunately no guarantee, but I think we were just unlucky, most probably you`ll be just fine ( crossing my fingers for you):wubclub:

We did, but booked 11 months ahead.

We were going for a spouse visa after being married 3 years (and living together for 7) with all the dual names on bills and "stuff" so knew there were going to be no real probs, any small ones were sorted out within a few months. It took 3 months all up.

No sure if I would do it on any other visa though...

It all comes down to your own confidence, its always a risk but you can get big risks or little risks!

We did, but booked 11 months ahead.

We were going for a spouse visa after being married 3 years (and living together for 7) with all the dual names on bills and "stuff" so knew there were going to be no real probs, any small ones were sorted out within a few months. It took 3 months all up.

No sure if I would do it on any other visa though...

It all comes down to your own confidence, its always a risk but you can get big risks or little risks!

Were not flying until August 15th, I am positive that we will be OK for that date. Its myself and my husband who are going, we have been together for 5 years and married for 3 so think we will be ok with the partner stuff IF the question it.

I think though that......I will book but maybe in Jan. xx

Guest guest71686

We booked before my visa was approved but cleared it with DIAC to enter on a holiday visa before booking. In the end my 457 was approved a few days before the flight.

I must say since my partner had to leave the UK at the end of her UK working holiday visa we had good reason to ask for this holiday visa.

I think i would not normally book a flight before getting the visa

Archived