Cheaper rents SOR

Georgiajoe

Hi all,

just a quick question if anyone can help me.

were moving across in January and have been looking at suburbs/ rentals on reiwa.

looking NOR in places like woodvale, hocking, tapping etc there are roughly 3 rentals per suburb and around $ 450+ / week.

looking SOR around areas such as port Kennedy , Warnbro there are around 20 properties at price of $ 350 + / week.

what is the reason for the cheper rentls and the more available SOR

as I'm a plumber and coming over with no job , the rental cost is important as I'm not sure of what my salary could be.

Thank you for help

ian

Hi all,

just a quick question if anyone can help me.

were moving across in January and have been looking at suburbs/ rentals on reiwa.

looking NOR in places like woodvale, hocking, tapping etc there are roughly 3 rentals per suburb and around $ 450+ / week.

looking SOR around areas such as port Kennedy , Warnbro there are around 20 properties at price of $ 350 + / week.

what is the reason for the cheper rentls and the more available SOR

as I'm a plumber and coming over with no job , the rental cost is important as I'm not sure of what my salary could be.

Thank you for help

ian

the cheaper the rent ...the less desireable the area

mrs keily

The further from the city,schooling not so good,public transport it can be a great number of things.

As a plumber you would probably be travelling from place to place so good connections to freeways and other main roads are essential...we live in hocking,a 5 min drive to freeway,wanneroo rd 2 mins away,Marmion perhaps 10 mins, Alexander drive 10 mins...all different ways to head towards the city,north or inland.

the cheaper the rent ...the less desireable the area

mrs keily

Based on your location, you must be paying just a couple of dollars a week then ;)

Really, it is not as simple as that because one person's definition of desireable will be different to another. You could live it a lovely place 50km outside Perth for the same price as a flat/unit in the city - But which is more desireable? It depends on what each individual is looking for.

Whilst it is often true that you get what you pay for, it's too simplistic to look at rentals on that basis alone.

Ian - Get yourself onto Google streetview. Pick a property or two in each of the areas and take a virtual trip up and down the surrounding streets. Over here, its quite easy to see which areas are better than others, simply look at the age and condition of the cars on the driveway and the condition of the gradens, the amout of weeds growing in the driveways etc.

Dont be put off too much if you see big piles of rubbish on the verge - thats how they do "large item collections" every 9 months, even in the most exclusive suburbs! However, you may find the odd abandoned shopping trolley in some of the less desireable areas.

Based on your location, you must be paying just a couple of dollars a week then ;)

Really, it is not as simple as that because one person's definition of desireable will be different to another. You could live it a lovely place 50km outside Perth for the same price as a flat/unit in the city - But which is more desireable? It depends on what each individual is looking for.

Whilst it is often true that you get what you pay for, it's too simplistic to look at rentals on that basis alone.

Ian - Get yourself onto Google streetview. Pick a property or two in each of the areas and take a virtual trip up and down the surrounding streets. Over here, its quite easy to see which areas are better than others, simply look at the age and condition of the cars on the driveway and the condition of the gradens, the amout of weeds growing in the driveways etc.

Dont be put off too much if you see big piles of rubbish on the verge - thats how they do "large item collections" every 9 months, even in the most exclusive suburbs! However, you may find the odd abandoned shopping trolley in some of the less desireable areas.

thank you great advise

ian

i deliberately said *area* and not suburb ...as im well aware that there is good and bad bits to all suburbs [as pointed out on another thread currently running} but generally speaking i would agree that u only get what u pay for .....and just for the record i do pay plenty dollars where i rent in canningvale but there are certains *areas* in this suburb where i wouldnt want to live even although rent is much cheaper ....its almost impossible to sit in the uk and work out where you want to live when u get here ..unless u have family or friends who are already here and can recommend good /bad places ...i have been here nearly 4 years and am just finding this out (probs the reason why its taken us so long to buy)

mrs keily

Archived