Jeyes Fluid

Candygirl

Finger's crossed we have sold our house. I have read that it is best to use Jeye's Fluid to clean everything before packing. As we need to pack quite a few boxes now we want to clean everything with Jeye's fluid in readiness for shipping to Oz (rather than doing it twice).

I hope this doesn't sound a silly question, but can anyone tell me what ratio to use in a bucket of water. On the back of the tin, it only says about cleaning driveways and to use half a can.

Thanks.

Its potent stuff so if using a bucket of water I'd probably lob in about half a mug full or thereabouts.

What are you planning on using it on? Make sure you clean outside and well away from garden and grass etc as it will kill it. Its serious stuff, used to use it to clean the yard down and the big concrete floored chicken coop. Keep it on contact with concrete surfaces, not anything nice. And wear gloves if sticking your hand in the water etc.

Guest jeffner1974

We never used it and our stuff was fine (3 off roadbikes, garden table + chairs, and a garden tool rack) pressure washer and hot soapy water done the trick.

Thanks very much for all your advice. :notworthy:

I will use a normal detergent on the ornaments and bits and pieces indoors and save the Jeye's for work tools, bikes and shed bits and pieces then.

Yup, that's the way to go. Though tbh I'd probably not wash all my ornaments, just dust them off. And wipe down anything that needs it.

But the Jeyes keep for the outdoors stuff and bikes etc.

Archived