189 and 190 opted in EoI. Need advice

Guest Aneesh

I have 65 points for 189 visa which will become 70, If I get a state sponsorship. In my EoI, I have opted to be considered for both 189 and 190 visas. Now that the results of the first round of Sep are out and applicants with 65 points were considered in that round, I feel my turn should come in the next 3-4 rounds (Don't know if that is being a bit too optimistic). I have applied for State sponsorship and as per the duration given in the respective State's website, the result should be out in November. So I am wondering , if it would be a good idea to remove the 190 option from my EoI for the time being.Because from whatever I have understood, if you get a sponsorship then you will get an invitation for 190 visa. Since I feel I might have a good chance for 189, would it be a good idea to remove he 190 option from my EoI ? Please advice.

You won't get sponsorship by ticking 190 unless you actually apply to a State for sponsorship directly.

" If an intending migrant changes their information, but it does not change their points score or eligibility, this will not alter their date of effect for the purposes of ranking against a particular subclass of visa."

Which State have you applied for sponsorship? In case you get the invite for 190, your EOI will get suspended for 60 days or i think until you decline the invitation.

65 points might not guarantee an invite. People will keep lodging new EOIs and they may have more than 65 points.

In case you decide to untick 190 in the EOI, it will not affect your current ranking as the change will not lead to change in points.

I have 65 points for 189 visa which will become 70, If I get a state sponsorship. In my EoI, I have opted to be considered for both 189 and 190 visas. Now that the results of the first round of Sep are out and applicants with 65 points were considered in that round, I feel my turn should come in the next 3-4 rounds (Don't know if that is being a bit too optimistic). I have applied for State sponsorship and as per the duration given in the respective State's website, the result should be out in November. So I am wondering , if it would be a good idea to remove the 190 option from my EoI for the time being.Because from whatever I have understood, if you get a sponsorship then you will get an invitation for 190 visa. Since I feel I might have a good chance for 189, would it be a good idea to remove he 190 option from my EoI ? Please advice.

wrong, there is no state sponsorship for 189 visa

go for 189 , during the last round there were 65 pointers (those who had EOIs submitted between 01-14 July 2012) who got invited.

You should get an invitation by Nov latest,all things being equal (assuming they keep on inviting at least 900 people per round)

The good thing about 189 is you are not stuck to one state.

go for 189 , during the last round there were 65 pointers (those who had EOIs submitted between 01-14 July 2012) who got invited.

You should get an invitation by Nov latest,all things being equal (assuming they keep on inviting at least 900 people per round)

The good thing about 189 is you are not stuck to one state.

True but for me, I'd rather be stuck to and living in SA rather than live in any other expensive state :)

go for 189......

How can you give such advice with such assuredness? Especially when you know so little about the specifics of this matter.

The facts are that in August they issued 90 subclass 189 invitations (not 900) while in September they issued 450. http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-2012-09/

In August no subclass 189 invitations were issued to people scoring 65 points.

In September it appears that a handful of 65 point applicants were invited in occupations such as GP. Almost all invitations however, were issued to those who score 70 +.

The facts are that the system is very new an as yet no one knows how it will eventually be implemented long term

To the OP, it is difficult to advise without more details about your matter but at this stage the best advice is to keep your options as open as possible.

Thank you everyone for the responses.

I have applied for 189 for which I have 65 points.

I have also applied for Victoria state Sponsorship, which if I qualify (If I don't then no confusion), I will have 70 points for 190.

The question whether to untick 190 from the EoI arose when I saw that in the first round September invitations some applications with 65 points were included, although majority were 70 points applications. Now assuming that there would be comparitively lesser number of new EoIs submitted after that round that have 70 points or more, I thought I had a fair chance. So I wanted to confirm if that would be an intelligent decision to make or should I keep all the options (189 and 190) open?

How can you give such advice with such assuredness? Especially when you know so little about the specifics of this matter.

The facts are that in August they issued 90 subclass 189 invitations (not 900) while in September they issued 450. http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-2012-09/

In August no subclass 189 invitations were issued to people scoring 65 points.

In September it appears that a handful of 65 point applicants were invited in occupations such as GP. Almost all invitations however, were issued to those who score 70 +.

The facts are that the system is very new an as yet no one knows how it will eventually be implemented long term

To the OP, it is difficult to advise without more details about your matter but at this stage the best advice is to keep your options as open as possible.

Dear ABA

Check the skillselect website today(under "reports") tab

There were 900 invites in Sept

There will be 1900 further invites in Oct

Based on the law of averages,there will be many 65 pointers invited now.I know there have been a few more EOI with 70 points or more submitted since 15 Sep,but l dont think they are many

The trick is to study carefully that EOI activity report(graph) that they issue monthly

Thanks everyone.

Now that the September 15 invitation results are out, I have one more question. Started a couple of threads for finding the answer, but I did not get any.

As DIAC says in skill select ""If you want to compare your Expression of Interest (EOI) against the outcomes of the invitation round, you can check your points score and visa status date at any time for all visa subclasses covered by your EOI on the home page of your SkillSelect EOI."

I wonder how I can compare myself against these results. I have 65 points for 189 visa.But I do not know the submission date of the last EoI with 65 points which got invited in this round.

As per the report, the cut-off for 189 visa is 65 points and the visa status date is 14 Sep 2012. Does this mean that all the EoIs with 65 points as on 14 Sep 2012 got invited ? Or does this mean all the EoIs with 65 points as on 14 Sep 2012 were considered for Invitation, but since there is a tie , the invitation was sent to EoIs in the order of their submission. Reason why I asked this question is because I have submitted my EoI on Aug 28 2012 and I have 65 points (189 visa) and if invitations were sent to all EoIs with 65 points as on Sep 14 2012, then I should have got one by now.

Please help to clarify this doubt.

Thanks everyone.

Now that the September 15 invitation results are out, I have one more question. Started a couple of threads for finding the answer, but I did not get any.

As DIAC says in skill select ""If you want to compare your Expression of Interest (EOI) against the outcomes of the invitation round, you can check your points score and visa status date at any time for all visa subclasses covered by your EOI on the home page of your SkillSelect EOI."

I wonder how I can compare myself against these results. I have 65 points for 189 visa.But I do not know the submission date of the last EoI with 65 points which got invited in this round.

As per the report, the cut-off for 189 visa is 65 points and the visa status date is 14 Sep 2012. Does this mean that all the EoIs with 65 points as on 14 Sep 2012 got invited ? Or does this mean all the EoIs with 65 points as on 14 Sep 2012 were considered for Invitation, but since there is a tie , the invitation was sent to EoIs in the order of their submission. Reason why I asked this question is because I have submitted my EoI on Aug 28 2012 and I have 65 points (189 visa) and if invitations were sent to all EoIs with 65 points as on Sep 14 2012, then I should have got one by now.

Please help to clarify this doubt.

The cut off for 65pointers was around 12-14 July 2012. That 14 Sept date on the website means that all EOIs submitted up to that date were considered for invites.

There should be about 600 invites for ple with 65 points for visa 189 later on today.You most likely will get an invite.If not,then definitely on 15 Oct. With the current trend,by November we may even see some 60 pointers getting invites

Hi Aneesh,

I plan to submit the EOI for subclass 189 and 190. But i have only 55points for 189 and 60 points for 190 visa class. Also i plan to redo my IELTS to get a band score of 7 in each, so that i can have 65 points for the 189 class visa choice. So could you advice on whether I should tick both classes or just the 190 class. Will the EOI allow me to choose the 189 class after i get 65 points or whether I should choose both visa classes and submit at one time and then update my score.

Would be a great help. Thanks.

Hi Aneesh,

I plan to submit the EOI for subclass 189 and 190. But i have only 55points for 189 and 60 points for 190 visa class. Also i plan to redo my IELTS to get a band score of 7 in each, so that i can have 65 points for the 189 class visa choice. So could you advice on whether I should tick both classes or just the 190 class. Will the EOI allow me to choose the 189 class after i get 65 points or whether I should choose both visa classes and submit at one time and then update my score.

I can't see any point in expressing an interest for a visa that you don't have enough points for. Why not wait until you have the points.

Guest Aneesh
Hi Aneesh,

Hi Dushanthan,

I don't know how the system will act when you tick a visa option for which you do not have enough qualifying points because In my case , i qualified with 65 points for 189 and 70 for 190 . Also I do not see a point in applying for 189 without points as the effective date of the EoI will be updated to the date on which you update your new IELTS score which will result in your points being increased. EoI will be in the system for 2 years can be updated when you get a better IELTS score or for that matter when you need to change any information in that period. Hope I was clear enough. Also hope that you have applied to the State directly for sponsorship.

Guest Aneesh
Hi all,

I noticed that there were invitation sent out to 189 and 489 visas only in ausgust and september. there are no invitations for 190 class. why is this the case? Does anyone have any idea about this?. As im currently eligible only to apply for 190 visa class.

Scheduled invitation rounds do not include the state and territory government nominations that result in invitations. State and territory governments nominate throughout the month for points tested skilled migration and business innovation and investment visas. Separate results for these visa types are provided monthly.

Source : http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/reports/report-2012-09-15/

Hi Dushanthan,

I don't know how the system will act when you tick a visa option for which you do not have enough qualifying points because In my case , i qualified with 65 points for 189 and 70 for 190 . Also I do not see a point in applying for 189 without points as the effective date of the EoI will be updated to the date on which you update your new IELTS score which will result in your points being increased. EoI will be in the system for 2 years can be updated when you get a better IELTS score or for that matter when you need to change any information in that period. Hope I was clear enough. Also hope that you have applied to the State directly for sponsorship.

Thanks Aneesh for the explanation. I have a clear idea about it now.

Archived