Recruiting Agencies

dredg97

Hi all,

now that my visa has been granted, it's time to look after the first priority, securing a job.

Given the fact it's difficult to find a job from Europe, I was considering a short trip in early December for job interviews.

I would like then to contact a number of recruiters, mainly in Perth, to talk to once I'll be there.

Is there a sort of list of agencies, specialized in HSE & Occupational Health and Safety positions?

I will move alone to Australia in February 2013 and stay for 1-2 months, what will be necessary to secure a job.

After that, I'll come back to Italy and take wife, babies and dog to Oz....

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Hey Dredg97...good to see you on the other side of the Migration Issues forums. Got visa grant yesterday so very pleased and now planning our move down under.

I don't have an immediate answer, but have a friend in Perth who's girlfriend works in HSE in the mines. I can try and find out if she could recommend any agencies if that would be useful?

Jamie.

If you look on seek.au and search your job you might find some agencys listing jobs in your field and be able to then contact that agency directly. Otherwise a google search might get you a list? My only slight concern would be going in December I have heard companies recruit less around the school holidays at Christmas but not sure if your occupation would be effected by that or not.

Hey Dredg97...good to see you on the other side of the Migration Issues forums. Got visa grant yesterday so very pleased and now planning our move down under.

I don't have an immediate answer, but have a friend in Perth who's girlfriend works in HSE in the mines. I can try and find out if she could recommend any agencies if that would be useful?

Jamie.

Hi Jamie!

Thanks a lot for that!

Yes please, that's would be of great help!

I'm working offshore at the moment (in an oil field offshore of Tunisia) and be back the next week (I'm getting used to FIFO as I'm on 28days on and 28 days off rotational cycle...eheh...good for saving somemoney and time at home for planning!).

Cheers!

If you look on seek.au and search your job you might find some agencys listing jobs in your field and be able to then contact that agency directly. Otherwise a google search might get you a list? My only slight concern would be going in December I have heard companies recruit less around the school holidays at Christmas but not sure if your occupation would be effected by that or not.

Thanks a lot Bell, I'm checking several website, Seek, linked in, etc.

As for December, I was considering between the 8th and 15th, I hope it will be not too close to Christmas.

In the same period of time I would also consider to talk to real estate agencies, schools, registering with medicare, opening a bank account, etc.,etc.,..

Is everything already closed due to the holidays?

If so I have to rearrange my plans...

Thanks a lot Bell, I'm checking several website, Seek, linked in, etc.

As for December, I was considering between the 8th and 15th, I hope it will be not too close to Christmas.

In the same period of time I would also consider to talk to real estate agencies, schools, registering with medicare, opening a bank account, etc.,etc.,..

Is everything already closed due to the holidays?

If so I have to rearrange my plans...

Schools will probably be on holiday either by the time you get there or just after. And they close for six weeks. It's also peak holiday season in Oz so accomodation will be more expensive. Many offices seem to close down or have skeleton staff over the xmas period so recruitment slows right down as well. And flights at the time of year are super expensive. We've been on hols to Oz for xmas three times and the date they get expensive seems to have come forward each time. I'd consider either coming over a bit earlier or postpone it for a month or two.

Schools will probably be on holiday either by the time you get there or just after. And they close for six weeks. It's also peak holiday season in Oz so accomodation will be more expensive. Many offices seem to close down or have skeleton staff over the xmas period so recruitment slows right down as well. And flights at the time of year are super expensive. We've been on hols to Oz for xmas three times and the date they get expensive seems to have come forward each time. I'd consider either coming over a bit earlier or postpone it for a month or two.

Hi NicF,

thanks for the information, I was aware of that, I just hoped that before mid of December everything is still running almost 100%...

I will contact the recruiters/schools/real estate agents in advance before booking flight, accomodation, etc..

Archived