Verifying nurse skills once in Australia with PR?

Kirstyaa

My husband and I are both nurses. I am still waiting to hear back from ANMAC about us both needing to go through ANMAC with my husband as the primary applicant or not? This would obviously be a considerable sum if we both had to go through this.

So what about if my husband just did ANMAC and we got our PR visas and went out to Australia, could I then register my UK awarded nursing degree in Oz? How would I go about this? Would I have to do IELTS and ANMAC and get my skills verified? or would i be able to just register with APHRA?

If you're going down the PR route then only one of you needs to go through the skills assessment with ANMC, but you will both have to register with AHPRA. Alternatively, you can register with AHPRA and once you have your letter of eligability the one who is going to be the primary applicant on the visa can apply for a modified skills assessment which I believe is cheaper.

Hi

you can't apply for modified skills assessment with letter of eligibility I specifically asked ANMAC this before applying for my skill assessment it only applies if have or previously held full oz registration- well that was position in Jan this year

partner points - you will be able to claim these on the basis that your partner has a skill which is on skills list and would be eligible for skills assessment themselves so as you are both nurses will be fine I couldn't get them as hubby is physio and didn't meet skills assessment requirement as initial degree not taken in UK

Hi

you can't apply for modified skills assessment with letter of eligibility I specifically asked ANMAC this before applying for my skill assessment it only applies if have or previously held full oz registration- well that was position in Jan this year

partner points - you will be able to claim these on the basis that your partner has a skill which is on skills list and would be eligible for skills assessment themselves so as you are both nurses will be fine I couldn't get them as hubby is physio and didn't meet skills assessment requirement as initial degree not taken in UK

That's a bummer about not being able to do the modified assessment

Hi Kristy,

me and my husband just went through this experience ( both nurses, waiting for our 176 visa approval). One of you is going to be the primary applicant, pick the one with more experience as it will mean more points for you. This person needs to do ANMAC first than apply for AHPRA. ( You will be able to apply for visa with ANMC without AHPRA). If you need more points to apply for permanent visa you can also do IELTS but it`s not necessary for ANMAC or AHPRA if you were educated in english.

As for the 5 points for partner visa, the other one of you ( not the primary applicant) would have to go through the skills assessment. We had enough points to apply for 176 so decided to save the 875 $.

Both need to apply for AHPRA.

Good luck

Ooh noo, so we would both have to go through ANMAC to get those 5 extra points?? Even if i registered with APHRA? That's really dumb. We were really counting on those 5 extra points as well to bring us up to 75. How many points did you have? I heard nobody under 75 had been invited, is that right?

Archived