British Police Officer needs help

Guest Jim and Clare

Spoke to HR today and they have almost completed short listing and emails going out Monday and tues. The manager said they have been inundated... Only reason I know is that my hubby's application has never arrived :0( we sent it 3 weeks ago as soon as we saw the 7 year service restriction had been lifted. We paid for the ISF service, which has been useless.. The shortfall is that he has missed out on this recruitment campaign... We are gutted beyond words. Good luck to everyone else trying to escape the shite hole that is the UK. We'll keep trying and hopefully one day fulfill our dream...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to HR today and they have almost completed short listing and emails going out Monday and tues. The manager said they have been inundated... Only reason I know is that my hubby's application has never arrived :0( we sent it 3 weeks ago as soon as we saw the 7 year service restriction had been lifted. We paid for the ISF service, which has been useless.. The shortfall is that he has missed out on this recruitment campaign... We are gutted beyond words. Good luck to everyone else trying to escape the shite hole that is the UK. We'll keep trying and hopefully one day fulfill our dream...

My sister and brother in law loved it so much here they wanted to emigrate. He is is the police force but it was before WA was recruiting. The only place was South Australia so they applied through their website.

My brother in law got through all the interviews, medicals etc which cost them quite a bit as he had to go to London for a couple of them. They got an invite to the embassy in London for a talk by the SA police and thought they were in. They wanted about 50 recruits at the time and they had 500+ applicants, they invited 100 to the embassy told the 50 that were coming on the day and the other 50 said they were in the "pool" for the next recruitment.

Unfortunately Sis and brother in law ended up in the pool and never heard anything more.

They had put their lives on hold for about a year too as they had intended moving and had missed out on a house they wanted. I can't explain how devastated they felt. In the end after not hearing anything for ages they gave up on the idea and moved into a new house.

My husband came out 3 weeks before the kids and I did. My 3 year old was dreadfully upset and missed him terribly. It took a good few weeks of us all being out here together before he got over it. I appreciate how hard it is to sort accommodation etc but I would consider paying for a furnished rental for up to 3 months which would mean you can all come out together, relax a bit and then house hunt once you know where you are going to be posted. We rushed into getting a rental and actually, after breaking the lease (which was not planned but we found a place to buy), we worked out that it would have been cheaper to go for a furnished apartment/villa than pay all the associated fees with breaking the lease.

Best of luck!

It's such a big step to take I've been in the job 3years and thinking about applying next year (if they recruit!) they have recruited for the last two years and been out to London on both occasions but when I've spoken to recruitment they obviously won't confirm anything.

For me I think doing the testing in Perth maybe worthwhile as I've never been to Australia but you only live once :-) anyone heard about placement after the academy yet?

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk 2

It's such a big step to take I've been in the job 3years and thinking about applying next year (if they recruit!) they have recruited for the last two years and been out to London on both occasions but when I've spoken to recruitment they obviously won't confirm anything.

For me I think doing the testing in Perth maybe worthwhile as I've never been to Australia but you only live once :-) anyone heard about placement after the academy yet? :daydreaming:

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk 2

They have just updated site saying they have no plans to recruit in 2014

Thanks very much. Just need to get my head around these PEE's now. Some of them are dead easy, some of them baffle me I'll be honest!

Congratulations! Hubby still waiting to hear, his application was found!!! Spoke to HR again this morning they said they had over 650 applications and they only need 250 officers. So again well done and wish you the best.. Do you mind me asking what length of service do you have?

Congratulations! Hubby still waiting to hear, his application was found!!! Spoke to HR again this morning they said they had over 650 applications and they only need 250 officers. So again well done and wish you the best.. Do you mind me asking what length of service do you have?

I've got 6 and a half in now as a frontline PC for all those.

I've got 6 and a half in now as a frontline PC for all those.

We still haven't heard:0( hubby has 15 years in (but he's only 35) and with the original service restriction we are hoping that's not going to go against him, especially with them being inundated... Keeping everything crossed but not looking promising for us at the moment.. :0(

any one else in here whose heard with over 7+ service?

Just had email not successful :'0( gutted is an understatement. Won't give feedback either on application which was superb.. Good luck to the rest of you will just have to hope and pray that South Australia recruit here next year...

Sorry to hear that- we haven't heard yet!

My husband was unsuccessful too.....gutted!!! he had 13 years in so it could be a time thing, who knows as they don't give feedback!!.......good luck to everyone else :(

Just had email not successful :'0( gutted is an understatement. Won't give feedback either on application which was superb.. Good luck to the rest of you will just have to hope and pray that South Australia recruit here next year...

It's so frustrating your the 4th I've heard unsuccessful with 10+!years whose been unsuccessful.. It seems some whinging uk officers in previous recruitment campaigns who spat their dummies out and thought they were above patrolling has spoilt it for anyone else whose willing to go back to the beginning in order to provide a better life for their family... Gutted as well Hun but just need to look at other avenues... Or like I've said wait for SApol to recruit again... Chin up guys!!

It's so frustrating your the 4th I've heard unsuccessful with 10+!years whose been unsuccessful.. It seems some whinging uk officers in previous recruitment campaigns who spat their dummies out and thought they were above patrolling has spoilt it for anyone else whose willing to go back to the beginning in order to provide a better life for their family...

That could very well be the truth rachaelwales77. From my observations of many Aussies, especially those "üp the ladder", they absolutely hate anyone who comes in with updated knowledge as they think it makes them look inferior. Certainly experienced this first hand in the education sector.

I was referring to uk officers who knew they would have to start from the bottom again when they applied, but then spat their dummies out and complained when they actually had the job and many returning back to the uk with their tails between their legs. That's only what I've heard from UK officers who are actually out their now and have stuck at it and put in the time and proved themselves.

Anyone else feeling a bit bewildered about the PEE?

Anyone got any tips please? I did the sample test on the website 2 weeks ago and still have t had any results through.

Any revision tips from those that have done it already?

Ive been looking at a psychometric test book, but god they seem tough : /