Skillselect - more points, more chances?

cyberslam

Hey guys!

i got my skills positively assessed by ACS in a month's time and now all set to apply for an EOI for Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa.

While going through the requirements of EOI, a thought came to my mind that whether it increases or decreases your chances of getting an EOI if you score more or less in your points test.

So, is there any such criteria in Skillselect because my score is coming to the exact 60 points? Any experience or info you guys have?

Thanks!

Hey guys!

i got my skills positively assessed by ACS in a month's time and now all set to apply for an EOI for Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa.

While going through the requirements of EOI, a thought came to my mind that whether it increases or decreases your chances of getting an EOI if you score more or less in your points test.

So, is there any such criteria in Skillselect because my score is coming to the exact 60 points? Any experience or info you guys have?

Thanks!

Hi, if you mean what I think you are asking i.e. if you have a better chance of receiving an invite if you have more points ? e.g. 70 points has a better chance of an invite than 60 ?

If so, then yes, that is one of the main reasons for the Department of Immigration using such a system. It allows them to pick the best candidates for their country. The below comment is from the skill select website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

"

[h=4]Points Test[/h]For the points based skilled migration and business innovation and investment visa programs , you will be ranked according to the appropriate points test. You will be able to submit an EOI even if you do not meet the pass mark; however, you will not be invited to apply for a visa. For information about how to calculate the points test, you should refer to the points test tab on the webpage for the visa you are interested in.

It is important to remember that meeting the points test pass mark does not guarantee you an invitation to apply for a visa.

"

Hi, if you mean what I think you are asking i.e. if you have a better chance of receiving an invite if you have more points ? e.g. 70 points has a better chance of an invite than 60 ?

If so, then yes, that is one of the main reasons for the Department of Immigration using such a system. It allows them to pick the best candidates for their country. The below comment is from the skill select website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/

"

Points Test

For the points based skilled migration and business innovation and investment visa programs , you will be ranked according to the appropriate points test. You will be able to submit an EOI even if you do not meet the pass mark; however, you will not be invited to apply for a visa. For information about how to calculate the points test, you should refer to the points test tab on the webpage for the visa you are interested in.

It is important to remember that meeting the points test pass mark does not guarantee you an invitation to apply for a visa.

"

Helllo, yes that's exactly what i was asking.

So on this basis, where does it leave people with lower but with the required points? Do they have no chance of getting an invitation for visa or will it take more time to get one?

Higher points = Better chances.

Eventually it all boils down to the occupation ceiling for your nominated profession and the spread/average points held by an applicant

It could be that this year all applicants have an 80 score and therefore someone with 75 may not cut it.

Lets says you nominate "Insurance Agent".

There are 100 invitation available.

There are 110 applicants/EOI

50 applicants with the highest score are selected

60 applicants are remaining with a score of 60 points

They will select the remaining 50 based on the time EOI was successfully lodged (I.E. only 50 of 60 can be selected so it then becomes first come first serve)

Higher points = Better chances.

Eventually it all boils down to the occupation ceiling for your nominated profession and the spread/average points held by an applicant

It could be that this year all applicants have an 80 score and therefore someone with 75 may not cut it.

Lets says you nominate "Insurance Agent".

There are 100 invitation available.

There are 110 applicants/EOI

50 applicants with the highest score are selected

60 applicants are remaining with a score of 60 points

They will select the remaining 50 based on the time EOI was successfully lodged (I.E. only 50 of 60 can be selected so it then becomes first come first serve)

ok so meaning even if you manage to get an EOI, it would be a long wait for people with less points.

btw, in my independent visa EOI if i select the sponsored (state) visa option will my app still be eligible for independent visa even if i get a positive state sponsored EOI ?

ok so meaning even if you manage to get an EOI, it would be a long wait for people with less points.

btw, in my independent visa EOI if i select the sponsored (state) visa option will my app still be eligible for independent visa even if i get a positive state sponsored EOI ?

can anyone please comment on this?

Thanks

If you select the state sponsored 190 option, you EOI will no longer be for the independent visa. An EOI is only ever valid for one subclass. If you've selected 190 as your desired visa, you won't be invited to make an application for a 189, and you'll need to obtain sponsorship or change the EOI back to a 189.

Hi,

I received the Assessment from engineers Australia for claiming assessment for professional engineer. Im a telecommunications engineer with a work experience of more than 5 years. The assessment report mentions as standing for a Professional Engineer (skill level 1). What is the meaning of this skill level 1? does it imply any specific applications only?

I plan to apply for the EOI in Skillselect system. The situation is I have a total points of 55 when it comes to 189 class visa(independent) and 60 points for 190 ( sponsored). My IELTS score is 6.5 for the listening part, the only score below 7 hence i cannot claim the extra 10 points for IELTS 7 band. Could anyone advice me whether I should go for the state sponsorship or redo my IELTS so that i can claim 10 points for it and make my points score to 65 for the 189 class visa (independent)

It would be a great help if anyone could advice regarding this.

Thanks,

Dushanthan

If you select the state sponsored 190 option, you EOI will no longer be for the independent visa. An EOI is only ever valid for one subclass. If you've selected 190 as your desired visa, you won't be invited to make an application for a 189, and you'll need to obtain sponsorship or change the EOI back to a 189.

I seriously doubt this. One can select multiple sub-classes in the EOI.

Archived