Wanted down under 2013

fitnesstasha

Hey!

Yeah we were in caloundra in April. really liked it and people were nice but too holiday like for me - all houses (where we were) were holiday lets and not useful if you want to make friends, have consistent neighbours and a community feel. However, I really did love it and the surrounding areas. Just had our visa granted yesterday so moving next Sept - cannot wait. How did you find it? What are your plans?

• 3 weeks later...

What a small world! Yeah makes total sense. I was suffering badly from travle sickness by that point so that first hour or so was a blur! Thats a real shame - you could always go to Court and get an order - especially if your child wants to go and is deemed old enough to give their consent eg 12 years and up in Scotland (not sure about England etc though). We have just sold our home and are due to move out on 9th November to move back in with family before making the move next September. It will give us loads of time to save and plan! Best Wishes!

• 1 year later...

Applied for WDU about 18 months ago and had a phone call yesterday from them asking for information.Thought it was a wind up at first but they spoke to us individually and will get back to us in December if we progress. Could be on the 2015 series as a family of ping pom poms split down the middle.

The thing is your not actually wanted down under, the locals dont like us, there good at keeping quiet at work and in public but in reality they do not like us

The thing is your not actually wanted down under, the locals dont like us, there good at keeping quiet at work and in public but in reality they do not like us

What a load of crap......it is only a certain type of pommie we don't like (and I think most on here would know what sort that is)........obviously you fall into that category.

I'm a pom and I hate most Pommy Barstewards! No surprises then that the locals do and for good reason.....

You must be moving in the wrong circles as most of the friends I had were Aussies and would do more for you than my own family. I went to escape the pommies lol

Surely that program would have run out of steam by now...Are they gonna have the same presenter, with her perma smile and sliding tones..

Not much of an insight but it did start my real interest in going. Only applied for a laugh and thought my application had been binned. Surprised to get a call and possibly get the next stage, which I assume is filming at home. Probably wont happen as my daughter told them she is not going back and wont be appearing on film. They do like a family drama though especially as we will probably come across like the Royals (the TV programme not the Windsors)

Good Luck with everything, we have been in QLD coming up for 6 years and its a great place to live. We filmed the pilot episode of WDU back in 2006 and its funny to watch back now and see the kids so tiny etc etc.. they are a good keepsake,lol.

Cal x

Thanks for like.How is everyone? Mitsubishi Lancer :wink: you will work it out.

Thanks for like.How is everyone? Mitsubishi Lancer :wink: you will work it out.

We are doing good thank you, feels like we have been here forever now,lol...

Cal x

P.S The Lancer went not long after filming and a Ford Ranger took its place,lol,, best thing we ever did,as it opens up so much more of Australia we would never have seen in a 2wd.

Archived