Skills Assessment - problem with former boss

racht

Hello again!

My hubby needs to sort out and send skills assessment b4 we can apply for PR visa.

The only problem is that he has had 'crossed words' with his former boss. Nothing to do with his work, basically accused OH of poaching a member of staff after he left (which he didnt). My question is, has anyone else had a similar problem and if so, what did they do? He wont reply to OH e-mails etc so that is not an option.

Why is there always 'something' that stops it being straight forward:arghh:?!!!!!

Thanks

Rachael

Guest The Cutches

Hi Rachael,

Your right, it's never straight forward is it! When my OH did his CDR assessment his references/duties etc were also from the companies he worked for, so maybe he could try emailing HR at his previous company and/or his bosses boss.

Where there's a will there's a way!

Good Luck :v_SPIN:

CC

x

Hi Rach,

I'm not sure because we didn't have to do this, so don't take it a Gospel! But I did read that someone on here had a similer problem and the agent suggested that they did a Stat Dec with their solicitor! It might me something to look into.

Good Luck

April

Guest traybears

HI RACHEAL,WE HAD THIS PROBLEM WHEN WE DID OUR TRA.WE WERE TOLD BY OUR AGENT TO DO A STAT DEC.MY O/H EX BOSS WASN'T HAPPY BECAUSE MOST OF HIS PAINTERS LEFT WORKING FOR HIM AT THE SAME TIME,INCLUDING STEVE, THIS WAS ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO AS WELL!IN THE END THE BOSSES WIFE SORTED IT OUT,SHE WAS VERY SUPPORTIVE ABOUT IT ALL.IF IT WASN'T FOR HER IT WOULDN'T HAVE GOT DONE.WE STILL WROTE THE REFERANCES OUT THEN GOT THE BOSSES TO PUT IT ON TO THEIR COMPANY HEADED PAPER AND SIGN.HOPE THIS HELPS.GOOD LUCK.RACY.

Thanks for your help guys. I think we will try sending something for them just to sign and then if that fails do a stat dec. What should the stat dec say - just that you worked, there, how long for and what you did...or do you also include reasons why you are having to do a stat dec? If so, how much detail should you go into?

Guest homer and marge
Hello again!

My hubby needs to sort out and send skills assessment b4 we can apply for PR visa.

The only problem is that he has had 'crossed words' with his former boss. Nothing to do with his work, basically accused OH of poaching a member of staff after he left (which he didnt). My question is, has anyone else had a similar problem and if so, what did they do? He wont reply to OH e-mails etc so that is not an option.

Why is there always 'something' that stops it being straight forward:arghh:?!!!!!

Thanks

Rachael

Hi Rachael

We had a prob getting hold of an old employer so we had to do a stat dec and show OH NI payments to proved he worked there.

Marge x

Guest jogrant3232

Hi rachel

Just include the time scale your husband worked there. What his role was and his job discription. You dont have to put your reasons for doing this. Hope this helps good luck

• 3 months later...
Guest Cheryl & Andy

Hi there,

thanks for posting this thread! It's a problem I may come up against. I was an Office Manager where my OH was the Sales manager, he later left to work for a competetor. It's a long story but lets just say i was forced to leave and it was on bad terms.

Info from this thread will really help when (and indeed IF) i get that stage!!

Cheryl c

Guest scotty

You could also try the tax office.

I read on another forum that a person rang their local office who gave them a print out of the time in question and rubber stamped it.

Guest melissa

I had to provide a couple of 'affidavits' for firms that had folded years ago. I also had to get confirmation of the firms existance by going online to company house, and ordering a certificate. I can send you a copy of the affidavit if you want, to give you a template. I think they are very particular about everything being in order.

Darren

Guest scotty

Hi Melissa.

I'd very much appreciate seeing a copy too if that's not being too cheeky asking.

I also have an old company that closed down and I just got a print out from the Company House web site.

I'm glad you mentioned about the certificate as I was going to send that.

Was it easy to get?

Guest melissa
Hi Melissa.

I'd very much appreciate seeing a copy too if that's not being too cheeky asking.

I also have an old company that closed down and I just got a print out from the Company House web site.

I'm glad you mentioned about the certificate as I was going to send that.

Was it easy to get?

If you pm me your email address i'll send it to you. You need the proper cert from company house which you can order online if my memory serves me. About £20.

Archived