flight prices keep changing??

kellyjamie

Hi all,

So a couple of wks ago i looked at flights and was ready to book last nite but when i went back onto c.pacific and singapore to compare but singapore has shot up nearly 300quid but c.pacific have one random day in jan where the price is 200quid each cheaper than any other day in thr month? Can anyone explain this?

Thanks kelly

Hi all,

So a couple of wks ago i looked at flights and was ready to book last nite but when i went back onto c.pacific and singapore to compare but singapore has shot up nearly 300quid but c.pacific have one random day in jan where the price is 200quid each cheaper than any other day in thr month? Can anyone explain this?

Thanks kelly

The flight on that particular day in Jan has sold less seats, or there's something going on in Hong Kong?

You'll never work out the airline pricing algorithms, they're very complicated. They do go up sometimes even if the plane is less full, because they "know" how many people will travel on that day even if they haven't booked yet....so people panic and buy at the higher price in case it rises further. It's all about making maximum money from a fully booked plane on day of departure, and psychology does come into it..

The best advice is to book a flight when you see a price you're happy with....then don't check back again,

Guest Trueblue22

I noticed this too! I was looking at Cathay Pacific which were coming in around £900 each for Oct, but when I actually came to book the website was down for planned maintenance so I looked at Singapore, who must have obviously been cashing in on the fact that Cathay were down and reduced their prices drastically from over £1000 to £700, so I booked with them! I've had a look recently and the same flight with Singapore is now back up over £1000. Emirates are low at the moment. Could be fluctuation in exchange rates etc but who knows the reasoning behind it???? :confused:

Not sure if this is true but I've heard that the airlines put a certain number of seats into a block price, once the first lot (at a block price) have been sold the next lot at a higher price become available and this carries on until all seats have gone.

if you use skyscanner you can see the prices for each day of the month... sometimes there is a huge difference from one day to the following.. I found a one way to Brisbane on skyscanner now for 498 pounds leaving 9th sept...

Archived