Documentation required by DIAC for Visa Application

Candygirl

I am due to fly back to the UK very soon to get our documentation certified for TRA.

I may be jumping the gun, but trying to keep optimistic that we will obtain a positive assessment from TRA!!! :err: Whilst I am preparing the papers, I am thinking whether I should have another set certified for DIAC?

What types of documentation have DIAC asked for? Do I also need to consider having marriage certificate, birth certificates, passports, school qualification certificates etc certified whilst I am there also?

We would be really grateful for any tips or advice Thanks Lorraine x

I think that itmay depend on how you apply Lorraine.

We submitted a paper application, sent everything by post to DIAC, and had to get all our docs certified.

I have read on here though that if you apply online, coloured docs such as birth, marriage cert. etc., can be uploaded without being certified.

Hopefully someone who has done this will be along soon to advise you.

Good luck :wubclub:

Jxxxx

Guest Levimouse

To be on the safe side I got passports, kids birth certificates and marriage certificate, copied and certified for my visa when I did my skills assessment stuff. Thought it'd be cheaper and a time saver.

Hi,

Docs can be uploaded online and if in colour they do not need to be certified but if they are black and white they do. Before I knew this (and to be on the safe side) I had all important docs (eg passport etc) certified just in case. Good Luck!

They like the passport in colour. I had scanned certified Black and white copies and the CO asked for colour scans. (although they all are all different, mine wanted many many things )

All my payslips were in black and white. I had already paid a solicitor to do some docs and didn't want to pay any more. I just got a colleague to certify them with a blue pen and scanned them in. I then scanned bank statements in colour for any slips I was missing.

You will get there C girl. Just jump through all the hoops and it will all work out ok

Millie x

I am due to fly back to the UK very soon to get our documentation certified for TRA.

I may be jumping the gun, but trying to keep optimistic that we will obtain a positive assessment from TRA!!! :err: Whilst I am preparing the papers, I am thinking whether I should have another set certified for DIAC?

What types of documentation have DIAC asked for? Do I also need to consider having marriage certificate, birth certificates, passports, school qualification certificates etc certified whilst I am there also?

We would be really grateful for any tips or advice Thanks Lorraine x

Hi candygirl

We applied for our visa online and we scanned colour copies of everything which I believe is acceptable.

We provided colour copies of the following documents:

Passport (photo page)

Birth certificates

Marriage certificate

Passport size photo

References from employers (10 years worth – although this may have been because we were claiming maximum work experience points??)

Payslips / P60’s (again 10 years worth)

Contracts of employment

IELTS result

Skills assessment result

Proof of address

Pension details

University degree certificate

Form 80

Hope this helps!

Clare

How long do they require payslips for? I have most of them for the last 6 years but there are some missing and I don't think I would be able to get those anymore....

Thanks

Col

Thanks to everyone for your advice.

Col - We have had to produce tax returns for the last nine years. We only have them for 7 years (by law you only have to keep them for 5 years). We spoke to our lawyer and accountant. They spoke to the tax office on our behalf and they will only supply extra copies as far back as 4 years, so even worse. We spoke to DIAC and they said to send what we had, send a letter from our accountant and lawyer confirming the situation and to also swear a Statutory Declaration stating that we could not get tax returns/payslips past X date etc. Hope this helps.

They like the passport in colour. I had scanned certified Black and white copies and the CO asked for colour scans. (although they all are all different, mine wanted many many things )

All my payslips were in black and white. I had already paid a solicitor to do some docs and didn't want to pay any more. I just got a colleague to certify them with a blue pen and scanned them in. I then scanned bank statements in colour for any slips I was missing.

You will get there C girl. Just jump through all the hoops and it will all work out ok

Millie x

Thanks Honey - jump through hoops, one of us is gonna be a World class hurdler by the time we get there!!:biglaugh:

Archived