Visa issues

Guest ciaranm86

Guest ciaranm86

I'm looking to find information on residency in oz. I'l no going to austrailia to work for 6 months to see do I like it and if so I want to know could I bring my wife and two kids out to stay and live. Any info will be great thanks

Guest ciaranm86

Wel I was thinking of going on a one year working/holiday visa. I'm a fully qualified plumber and was thinking of going to Perth or Brisbane.

Wel I was thinking of going on a one year working/holiday visa. I'm a fully qualified plumber and was thinking of going to Perth or Brisbane.

I don't think that you would be eligible for a WHV if you have a wife and children. I think it is only suitable for those without dependents. It might be worth running your qualifications/situation by a migration agent to see what your best course of action would be. It may also be worth a look at the Australian Dept of Immigration website, particularly the Visa Wizard, which may help you. You can find it here http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/.

Good luck!

I'm looking to find information on residency in oz. I'l no going to austrailia to work for 6 months to see do I like it and if so I want to know could I bring my wife and two kids out to stay and live. Any info will be great thanks

You need to speak to a registered Migration agent as WHV if not suitable for your situation.

If you do decide to go down the WHV route to look for sponsorship in Australia - you must apply by paper application. BUT not at any time while you are in Australia on a WHV can you children enter. As no dependents are allowed to be in Australia if you are on this visa, your visa would be voild once they enter, and thats if they get in they may be sent home at the boarder.

• not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay in Australia

Note: A dependent child is the child, or step-child, of you or your partner who:

• is not married, engaged to be married, or in a de facto relationship

• has not turned 18.

If you would like a dependent child to join you in Australia you must apply for a different visa such as a Tourist visa. If you have dependent children who will not accompany you at any time you must apply for a Working Holiday visa using the paper application. You are not able to apply online.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-first.htm

Getting sponsorship as a trade is not an easy thing to do, therefore you should consider going down the GSM route.

Guest ciaranm86

I was thinking of applying for the skilled 175 visa but when I think about it I don't want to be spending 4 or 5 thousand on a visa and maybe things not working out over there or not liking it!! But sure il get talking to a migration officer to see is there any other way around it. Thanks all

Guest ciaranm86

Well I have applied for the 175 in February and have handed in most documents but a few people is telling me maybe you should see what's its like there first before you go spending that money, and to top things off there is an English test (ielts) which you must get 8 in each band and is hard which I failed already. I think it's very stupid having to complete an ielts exam when I'm fluent in English!! I'm going through ****** ***** and there is a lot of complaints about them on the net, just a bit confused!!

Well I have applied for the 175 in February and have handed in most documents but a few people is telling me maybe you should see what's its like there first before you go spending that money, and to top things off there is an English test (ielts) which you must get 8 in each band and is hard which I failed already. I think it's very stupid having to complete an ielts exam when I'm fluent in English!! I'm going through ***** ***** and there is a lot of complaints about them on the net, just a bit confused!!

You should chose a Registered Migraition Agent - who is registered with MARA. Try Go matilda, Visa Buerau , overseas emigration. As you have read the reviews online you should really take these on board, try and get your money back.

You say that you have applied for your 175 already - do you mean to DIAC??

Have you got a positive skills assessment? Your require to have this and IELTS before you can apply to DIAC.

Speak to one of the agents that I have mentioned - there may be another way for you to get the points you require.

How old are you - (you must be under 30 if considering WHV), therefore can understand why you need all 8's for IELTS.

The points have been reduced to 60 from 1 July, also if you need extra points - you should consider getting State Nomination, applying for 190 or if you need more points 489.

You really need to go with a reputable agent as you are just throwing your money away.

Guest ciaranm86

I'm going through a visa agency ****** ***** for the 175, I was a few points short of 60 cause of the ielts test. I haven't yet one the skills assessment. when I have reached the points required thy send all the info to the Aussie government to be processed. Yea il do that sure and see how I get on thanks

I'm going through a visa agency ***** ***** for the 175, I was a few points short of 60 cause of the ielts test. I haven't yet one the skills assessment. when I have reached the points required thy send all the info to the Aussie government to be processed. Yea il do that sure and see how I get on thanks

The pass mark before 1 July was 65, it is now 60.

Well you have been given very bad advice - once you reach the points required they send all the info to Aussie Goverment - what info??

You require a Positive Skills Assessment and IELTS BEFORE you are able to apply for a visa. But now you reuire the positive skills assessment and IELTS before you can lodge an Expression of Interest. You now need to be invited to apply for a visa.

As I stated this agent does not use registered migration agents out with Australia. You should use a registered agent to manage your case.

What is your occupation.

You need to speak to a Registered Agent - try the names I have reccommended. As if you were using a reputable visa agent you could already have your visa. Right now after 6 months you are no further forward with your application. I just hope you have not paid them too much money.

175 visa does not exist anymore - see 189

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index/visas/subclass-189/

Basic requirements

There are basic requirements you must meet to apply for this visa. You must:

• be invited to apply

• be younger than 50 years of age when you are invited to apply

• nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant skilled occupation list

• have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation

• have at least competent English

• score at least 60 on the points test

• meet the health and character requirements.

You cant name the agent you are using on this forum as no negitive comments, for legal reasons.

Guest ciaranm86

Info like job references, copy of passports for all members, ielts test results, ect! I'm a plumber, il have to find out can I get points any other way. Yes I'm going to get talking to Visa Bureau Thanks again

Info like job references, copy of passports for all members, ielts test results, ect! I'm a plumber, il have to find out can I get points any other way. Yes I'm going to get talking to Visa Bureau Thanks again

Yes you need top provide these after you lodge your application. But the post important part is to have a Positive Skills Assessment - Im sure that Vetassess do skills assessments for Plumbers - (it could be TRA).

Also I think Plumbers need to do a practical component for their SKills Assessment.

If you are between 25-32 you should be able to reach the pass mark of 60. As you get 30 points for age, and if you go down State Nominated route - get 5 or 10 points for this depending if you chose 190 or 489 visa. You may need to do the IELTS but prob only to get 10 points, thats 7's in each component.

Good Luck.

Archived