Murphys away!

Guest jeffner1974

Guest jeffner1974

Well that's my boy away as of this morning. 34 days till we see him again. mixed emotions, so sad to see him go and i'll miss him so much but happy to cause it means we really are off soon to all start our new adventure together

The driver from pet air came just after 9 this morning and was so lovely. i knew then he was in good hands. he's away to Windsor for the night. the lovely staff there have been so reassuring and called to let me know he was having a wee nosey round the grounds and was very relaxed and happy.

He'll fly out to perth via singapore tomorrow evening.

so far i have been most impressed with the service from petair and would highly recommend them.

I'm a lot more settled now that he's started his journey but wont rest properly till he's at Byford and settled.

and we'll be so busy we'll be there before we know it, so it's all good

jen x

Guest Guest16631

........what fantastic news........have only heard good about pet air ,so sure he'll be fine.............good luck to you and yours for your new journey..........tink x

Wishing Murphy a good journey. What a worry they are!!!

I have been speaking to Bob today re transportation for my two hooligans and I have to say I am really impressed so far. He has put my mind at rest and the quote included their names and details (it's the little things that make the difference for me). For someone like me who is having kittens about the dogs going, it is so reassuring that they appreciate how nervous everyone is and try to do whatever they can to make the experience as least painful as possible.

Keep us posted as to how Murphy gets on.

Guest jeffner1974

Thank you xxx

it really is true though, we stress far more than the animals.

will keep you posted on how he's doing

jen x

• 2 months later...

I know how your feeling, petair are coming to pick my furbaby up on Thursday morning, he will then spend 18 days at the Windsor kennels then of to Sydney quarantine for his 30 days, I feel absolutely sick to the stomach, and I know I'm going to be a mess when he leaves, it will be 49 days without him and the longest 49 days of my life, I feel so sad right now, he has never ever styed in kennels and as much as petair try to put my mind at rest I always find something else to worry about. I keep thinking bad things, things like will he make the flight as he's nearly 11yrs old, will he pine for us and not eat, will he be uncomfortable in the kennels at Windsor as he is used to a couch or a bed, will he be cold, I really do feel like I'm sending him to his death ( how stupid am I ) but I can't stop thinking/worrying about it all. I actually fly to Brisbane on Friday night to start my new life but I can't even feel excited about it.

sorry for moaning everyone but I just needed to vent.

Im sure its how everyone else has felt! But I have always read really positive things, and after the worry it always seems that the animals are less disturbed about whats happened that the owners...and everyones really glad about taking their pets....so just keep focusing on the other side. :)

xx

As someone who's done it coming this way (albeit no quarantine) & is preparing to go back that way - I understand only too well what you're going through.... :hug:

Rebecca - don't worry about your 'furbaby' being - ahem - more mature....

I'm flying 8 year old, a 10 year old (the dogs) & a 13 year old cat.... :animal-dog::animal-dog: :animal-cat:

Thing is - they don't know how old they are & I don't tell them !

And Candygirl - I love it that you're having kittens about the dogs going !!!! :laugh:

Archived