Time served????

wishfulthinking

Hi, we have a friends who is a qualified car mechanic and has been for 13yrs. 3yrs ago he was made redundant and found it difficult to get another job in the motor trade. His luck has changed and started a new job as a car mechanic. He has all this city and guild, NVQ"s certs but was wondering if he could get into Australia as a Time served person, if so how would he start the process for this??

Any info would be appreciated.

Have to agree with CalnGary. We have done Google searches for 457 sponsorship for our trade and have noticed that there are lots of companies willing to sponsor mechanics.

If he wants a PR visa straightaway, I would advise speaking to TRA or Vetasses, (I am not sure which one mechanic comes under) to see whether he meets their criteria.

Good Luck.

Thanks so much for you replies, i think i will get him to enquire about sponsorship. If he did want to go down the route of sponsorship, would he get his flights and shipping and a certain amount of accomodation in with the sponsor or does he have to pay for all that himself?

On the other hand if he chose to go with his time served am i saying whats right that he would still have to go on a skilled visa? sorry i'm just getting a little bit confused as to how he goes about the 'time served' part.

Thanks again though.

Archived