Anyone sent a box of nearly new toiletries in their container?

Goochie

My wife has a LOT of toiletries, the total value of which would be quite significant. We're going to box some of them up and put them in the container but the customs forms say you have to declare things which are less than 12 months old - Would this include toiletries?

Seems a bit excessive to me but I dont want to assume it's OK when it could cause problems.

It will be fine. Although they do sell stuff in Aus. I guess if the cost of shipping is less than replacing its worth it. You'll have to make do without them till it arrives anyways.

Just check on the pressurised containers aspect and so on.

I had three boxes of toiletries - most of them were a lot less (if not all of them were a lot less) than 12 months old - the 12 months old thing is because you have to pay tax on stuff you are importing you are going to sell on for a profit and otherwise people will take advantage/find the loophole etc and take the mickey. If its all for personal use, its fine.

We didn't have any issues at all - it was written as 'toiletries' on the shipping forms, didn't have to declare anything on AQIS as it wasn't anything banned, and didn't have any issues at all when it went through customs. I'm am slightly worried my make up will have melted a bit, as its probably got roasted on the way over and now that its sitting in storage, but from an import point of view, there were absolutely no issues at all :) (If you have 3000 deodorants* or something, you may have issues, but a bulk pack of one thing here, one thing there from CostCo (which is what I sent) won't be any worries at all). :)

Good luck with the move.

*only roll on type though - you're not allowed spray cans in your shipping.

I shipped shower gel and stuff, tooth paste, but no aerosols.

As Snifter says you can buy most stuff here, many shops sell Dove & all the usual suspects at fairly reasonable prices, but I would say if you have them ship them, silly to throw out.

Shampoo I brought too, I wish I would have brought some Bed Head / TIGI stuff as it is difficult to get here and not cheap.

Make up worth taking too, and skin care IMO

Good luck x x

I brought a box full of toiletries ,i didnt specifically go and buy it to bring, it was just what i had in the cupboard. It all cleared customs fine and we had no issues what so ever.

The 12 mth rules is aimed more at people bringing 10 new TVs ,etc with the purpose of selling on once here.

Cal x

Archived