Is immigration company the way to go?

johns46

Hiya all,

We are a family of six hoping to move to Oz next year. I am a psychiatric nurse giong on 457 visa sponsership with nursing agency. However,been informed by immigration company that my 20 year old son and 18 year old daughter will have to apply for 457 themselves.This comes at a price, it seems so much easier by paying for someone else to gain employment for myself, oh and older kids.

Is it worth biting the bullet and paying for a company do all the work for us has anyone had experience of using these companies? It is a lot to fork out initially however it would give me great piece of mind where my older children are concerned and oh, he wants a job before he goes or he will be stressed to the hilt ha.

Hi there--I take it that you have a job to go to and you are being sponsored on a 457. This will allow your husband to work as well.So if indeed he needs to find a job before he goes he can do that. I'm not sure with regard to your older kids--good to take some advice on whether they can work whilst your dependants or if indeed they will be considered as dependants. therefore I suggest having a chat with a migration agent. We are using smsmigration for our PR and they seem to be very good--quite prompt with replies. It might be a good idea to email someone and see if they are willing to give you advice.

I found it very useful. I dont have to worry about the visa now. Im using Go Matilda and so far so good. Its not hard to fill in the form, however I have had invaluable advice from Go Matilda regarding my application. I'm 100% sure using them has strengthened my application.

Will let you know for sure once im holding the visa however !! :D

IMO worth the money, however not totally necessary.

Good luck.

I have found that paying for an agent provided excellent peace of mind, worth every penny. My husband is in the RN and had to do a course for a month, just at the point we were on the verge of submitting our skills assessment. The agent made sure everything was correct and when we had missed a document (not sent it rather than not got it), they pointed it out so we got it to them before it got sent out. Then our 3 year old son had a very nasty accident, just before we were due to submit our application for a 176 visa. It was very traumatic and we were unable to focus on anything but our son for a couple of weeks. The fact that our agent had everything in hand made it one less thing to worry about.

It also meant we knew our paperwork was correct, that everything was certified appropriately, and they were able to confirm that my husband's employment references met the required standard and included all the necessary information before we submitted them. For us, having an agent was a relief.

We've been using Overseas Emigration (based on positive references on other forums) and found them fab. You do have to ask around as the first one we went to (we never hired them) did not respond to emails and calls were not returned. We went to OE two days later and they have been as good since, since they were on our first call to them.

As per other answer - do a google search on the company that you plan to use - and do not pay any money to them until you have done this.

Your older children are unlikely eligible for a 457 visa - as this requires qualifications, experiance and an employer sponsor.

Hiya all,

We are a family of six hoping to move to Oz next year. I am a psychiatric nurse giong on 457 visa sponsership with nursing agency. However,been informed by immigration company that my 20 year old son and 18 year old daughter will have to apply for 457 themselves.This comes at a price, it seems so much easier by paying for someone else to gain employment for myself, oh and older kids.

Is it worth biting the bullet and paying for a company do all the work for us has anyone had experience of using these companies? It is a lot to fork out initially however it would give me great piece of mind where my older children are concerned and oh, he wants a job before he goes or he will be stressed to the hilt ha.

I might not be completely understanding you, but it doesn't seem to be a case of simply paying for someone to do paperwork for you. What visa are your children going to be applying for? They can't apply for a 457 unless they both have an employer willing to sponsor them? Do they have that?

I might not be completely understanding you, but it doesn't seem to be a case of simply paying for someone to do paperwork for you. What visa are your children going to be applying for? They can't apply for a 457 unless they both have an employer willing to sponsor them? Do they have that?

It is due to the advice they have gotten from the agent that they have received the bad advice from.

Hiya,

My son works as a groundsman and my daughter wants to go to Perth university she is currently got one year left in college studying for her A levels. An Immigration company informed me that my older children would need to apply for 457 as well as myself and oh.The nursing agency informed me that my older children would not be able to travel on my visa as they are no longer dependants. This is why I am looking at alternatives on how to get my older children out there with us, its driving me bonkers ha!

Thanks for advice.

Guest GeorgeD
Hiya,

My son works as a groundsman and my daughter wants to go to Perth university she is currently got one year left in college studying for her A levels. An Immigration company informed me that my older children would need to apply for 457 as well as myself and oh.The nursing agency informed me that my older children would not be able to travel on my visa as they are no longer dependants. This is why I am looking at alternatives on how to get my older children out there with us, its driving me bonkers ha!

Thanks for advice.

Your son is likely to be on his own I'm afraid, he is over 18 and working, so he isn't wholly dependent on you and won't be included as such. Your daughter though...even though she is 18, she is still in education, and if she lives at home can be classed as your dependent and included on your 457. Speak to an agent by all means, but you are likely to find your son will need to apply for his own visa with his own sponsorship. Worst case scanario, he could get a 1 year Working Holiday Visa and hope to find some sort of sponsor while over there. Buys him some time.

Archived