Leaving the UK for ever, (I hope), What documents will I need to take

tracyscotland

I am a married mum of 2, (5&3), just starting my skills assessment and IELTS.

I keep wondering about the types of documents I will need to take with me for things like job applications, registering with doctors etc

I have sorted my C.V. and am getting 2 references, and employment records (part of skills assessment)

I am sorting out my professional development folder with training certificates etc, is there anything I am missing?

Do I need records/reports from DS primary school, Just going into P2?

Or Medical records for us all to give to Dr in Australia. None of us have much medical history. DS had an allergic reaction to ?penicillin at 2yo.

I read somewhere that getting a credit reference from mtg holder would be good for renting...or a credit report??? I really have no idea what references rental agents would want.

:chatterbox::laugh: I have too many questions

Guest lisa crowe

Bring anything you can get ya hands on, make sure you bring the childrens red medical record book as they need this to prove theyve had their jabs for starting schools

I didn't get any particular medical records for the kids but kept relevant hospital letters for DS for his earlier medical problems.

I asked my doctor for any relevant letters for me as I have had a couple of medical issues in the past that I wanted the information for - they just charged me £2 for printing.

Guest lisa crowe
I didn't get any particular medical records for the kids but kept relevant hospital letters for DS for his earlier medical problems.

I asked my doctor for any relevant letters for me as I have had a couple of medical issues in the past that I wanted the information for - they just charged me £2 for printing.

When you gave birth to your children you would of been given red medical books for them, so each time they had their vaccinations it would of been noted in those books! (Unless you never gave birth in the UK that is)

Make sure you bring those with you

I brought my sons latest school report and the school here copied it and kept the copy. You do the childrens Red Books (innoculation records) or it can be a pain trying to proove they are up to date once your here.

You dont need any medical or Dentist notes for yourselves and seeing most greedy Drs want to charge to give you a copy ,you really are better saving your money.

If you have a good no claims bonus on your car insurance ,bring a copy of that as most companys here will honour it when you take out a new policy.

Good Luck with your adventure..

Cal x

We got copies of our medical records. Cost us a fortune but for us it will be worth it particularly for me as I had issues whilst pregnant. We also got a certificate from the DVLA for a fiver to show our driving history. I think its really good to put in the CV.

I hadnt thought about something from the mortgage lender so will get on to them for that. Despite the fact we leave in less than a week! EEKK!

am sure theres a list on here some where, i got mine off an expats forum,

mainly job ref, bank ref, all quals, mortgage statement, land lord ref, bank statements etc etc

but you are starting a life in a new country so most stuff isnt relevant

dont over load yourself with crap

Archived