CAT 5 OFFSHORE Family Sponsored where are you now?

mchugh1980

Hi to all the CAT 5 OFFSHORE FAMILY SPONSORED people

Well Im sure as like me you have been religiously following the 'New Category 5's - Where are you now?' thread (sometimes more than once a day!!!)

Just thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for us Family Sponsored OFFSHORER's as the majority of the other thread has been predominantly based around the ONSHORE peeps

This thread will just give us an idea of how many there are of us out there awaiting our visas and will give us the opportunity to track the progress of any new updates and issues that arise, aswell as a place to vent our concerns!!!!!!

We've got our fingers crossed that come Monday any changes or updates work in our favour and that they begin to process the 176 visa class

Our timeline is as follows

176 Family sponsored visa

applied Online 16th December 2008

business and info professionals (NEC)

Feel free to add your timeline too!

So come on peeps lets stay positive and keep our fingers crossed over the weekend that 2012/2013 will be our year!!!!

Thanks all

Claire, Liam and Baby Joey

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planning levels for family sponsored for 2012/2013 has been released - there are 4200 places.

Maybe due to skillselect there might be some places given to Cat 5 Family Sponsored - but 2011/2012 family sponsored applications have not been finalised - but there can not bee too much 176 family sponsored applications after 1 July 2011 - (due to the change of the points)

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Good to see this thread, we FS Offshore Cat5 definitely need a thread of our own cos no other group is as miserable as we are, just waiting and waiting and with absolutely no update except 'yet to start after everyone else gets the visa'! this will help us keep track and cheer up each other, I am 176 FS Cat 5, HR country, 28.09.2009... and really have no patience to wait beyond 12-13.

Pls, Immi guys, just start processing us, there will always be applicants in Cat 1,2,3,4,5 filing their cases so you guys will techincally never finish dealing with higher category to arrive at ours. Even the allocation dates have not been updated so far..

Is someone listening??????? :(

Nice move having this new thread. That another thread is flooded mostly by onshore Cat 5.

Cat 5 here,

176 FS

System Manager

Aug 2009

By the way, just happened to know my passport had expired last March. Do you think it might affect my application for the delay? Will get it renewed asap.

Nice move having this new thread. That another thread is flooded mostly by onshore Cat 5.

Cat 5 here,

176 FS

System Manager

Aug 2009

By the way, just happened to know my passport had expired last March. Do you think it might affect my application for the delay? Will get it renewed asap.

Hi Vincenz, there should be no problems with your passport, you can just add your new details using a change of circumstance form, I have changed my passport twice due to expiry then marriage!

Claire

hi all, glad to see you have joined the thread, and thanks for agreeing that it was much needed!

I was hoping there may be some news by now, but that's just wishful thinking!

Fingers crossed we may know our fate this week!

Claire

The new update is so unfair!!!!!!!!!!!

'Allocation not commenced*' is all that they can still say to us after all these years of waiting?! they are treating us FS people as lepers, the untouchables! at least they should process a few visa from Cat 5. it is not our fault that we are in cat 5 cos it wasn't there when we applied. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Feeling absolutely drained. The light at the end of the tunnel seems to have almost blown out. I wasn't expecting to see any progress on allocation but what worries me is this . . . . "* Allocation of Family Sponsored (Skilled Australian Sponsored) applications will been limited due to the low number of visa places available in the 2012-13 program year."

I understand that to mean that when they get to May/June 2013 if there are any spaces left then they will consider Cat 5 FS Offshore but don't hold your breath!

Not sure I can wait another year (due to kids schooling and exams.)

Anyone see anything positive?

Feeling absolutely drained. The light at the end of the tunnel seems to have almost blown out. I wasn't expecting to see any progress on allocation but what worries me is this . . . . "* Allocation of Family Sponsored (Skilled Australian Sponsored) applications will been limited due to the low number of visa places available in the 2012-13 program year."

I understand that to mean that when they get to May/June 2013 if there are any spaces left then they will consider Cat 5 FS Offshore but don't hold your breath!

Not sure I can wait another year (due to kids schooling and exams.)

Anyone see anything positive?

there is nothing positive dear, we just need to wait, if their recent pattern stays the same, again in the last 3-4 months of next year they will process some FS people but so far they have only touched a few onshore 855 people. i don't know of any 176 FS getting a CO.

I have the same issue, the kids schooling, our job, even things like shifting homes have been on hold becasue we are expecting things to happen 'this year' for the last 3 years. Is there some compensation for the mental torture we are getting?

We will all probably get it but don't know when cos they will always have someone in a higher priority with family sponsorship. BUT let's keep our spirits high, though it seems tough doing it for sometime until we see some movement of any kind in Cat 5, esp FS group. good luck!

:I (I am trying to smile but my lips refuse to curve into a smile!)

I am completely gutted by this mornings announcement.

There is a similar thread to this one here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/150538-processing-issues-priority-5-a-3.html

My details

Application Date: 25/08/2009

On/Off Shore: Offshore (Online)

LR/HR: Low Risk

VISA Type: 176 Family Sponsored Offshore

Profession: Computing Support Technician (ASCO) 3294-11

State Sponsorship: No

State: Not applicable

Family: Yes (Parents - Citizens)

+ My partner on same application.

Am i the only one here who is not surprised with this latest update? i sort of expected this. i know how frustrating it is for everyone here. I have waited 4 years+ and they just keep pushing us down at the bottom of the line. What is it about FS? Why do they keep treating us this way? I really don't understand.... It's hard to stay positive in times like these :nah:

The sugar candy given to 'some' Cat 5 applicants in the past few months are over. Back to same old unfair DIAC. Well, was hopeful for this year, seem another hope trashed.

They knew Family Sponsor applicants are the largest group that still pending , yet they limited it to a pathetic 4200 / yr still. On shore FS applicants alone already exceeded 2-3 times of the 4200 quota, meaning that until Offshore applicants turn, it might be another 3-4 years...

The sugar candy given to 'some' Cat 5 applicants in the past few months are over. Back to same old unfair DIAC. Well, was hopeful for this year, seem another hope trashed.

They knew Family Sponsor applicants are the largest group that still pending , yet they limited it to a pathetic 4200 / yr still. On shore FS applicants alone already exceeded 2-3 times of the 4200 quota, meaning that until Offshore applicants turn, it might be another 3-4 years...

true. what a sad day indeed.

Hi everyone,

well sadly we have to agree with you all! The new update isnt looking good for us FS

We were just travelling back from a little holiday this morning and thought we would check if the update had come, kinda wish we hadnt now as we were instantly gutted to hear their 'statement' about FS visas and I then felt awful and cried most of way home, this put a dampner on the holiday!!!

I think it is like Arshad says above, we may see some movement end of next financial year, but we cant all sit around waiting for DIAC to give us a break so I dont know about you but were gonna carry with life and put our thoughts of oz to the back of our minds!

Claire

I just don't understand. FS applicants are supposed the less worried group of all immigrants, as they are atleast can be supported by their "family". Except the employer sponsor group, all the other groups are mostly started fresh life in Aus, no job, no house and nobody... how well they can cope with it, you bet for it. Even a 42000 of FS quota i also feel a little short.

Did those politicians who came out this danm "priority processing" ever use the "meat" on their head??!!

I just don't understand. FS applicants are supposed the less worried group of all immigrants, as they are atleast can be supported by their "family". Except the employer sponsor group, all the other groups are mostly started fresh life in Aus, no job, no house and nobody... how well they can cope with it, you bet for it. Even a 42000 of FS quota i also feel a little short.

Did those politicians who came out this danm "priority processing" ever use the "meat" on their head??!!

totally agree, FS folks have family to help them settle and support while looking for a job and getting a house, this group is likely to be the happiest cos they have a family to settle with and there is very little chance of them returning because they didn't find their Oz adventure too good. Read the posts in the section of those returning to UK from OZ, they are mostly returning because they are missing family.

Don't the immi guys want happier immigrants? as it is OZ is so cut off from the rest of the world, it is unfair to not reunite people to their family and have a happier and more settled society. with 4200, there really isn't any chance for us cat 5ers, esp offshore people. the only option is to file another application WITHOUT FS - if we had known they would neglect FS this way, we would have gone without it, we thought that they would give perference to those who already have family support there.

Disgusting, ruthless and heartless is all i can say.....

totally agree, FS folks have family to help them settle and support while looking for a job and getting a house, this group is likely to be the happiest cos they have a family to settle with and there is very little chance of them returning because they didn't find their Oz adventure too good. Read the posts in the section of those returning to UK from OZ, they are mostly returning because they are missing family.

Don't the immi guys want happier immigrants? as it is OZ is so cut off from the rest of the world, it is unfair to not reunite people to their family and have a happier and more settled society. with 4200, there really isn't any chance for us cat 5ers, esp offshore people. the only option is to file another application WITHOUT FS - if we had known they would neglect FS this way, we would have gone without it, we thought that they would give perference to those who already have family support there.

Disgusting, ruthless and heartless is all i can say.....

Right, that's what I first thought and apply for FS application instead individual. Thought it would given some advantages since we don't really need the OZ to support us as we have FAMILY to help us. Noentheless, this is totally the another way round. Shame on the DIAC director...

Hey Vincenz, I noticed that you are a Systems Manager which I guess means that you applied under the same codes as me, ASCO 1224-11 now ANZSCO 135111. I was told by the Australian Embassy in London (when I sent a complaint/pleading letter) that a few states were sponsoring that code. May well apply to a few other IT codes. I may have just missed it or it may have crept under the radar. Did you know about that? Did you do any investigation or applying?

My agent tells me to wait a few weeks until the new State Sponsorship lists are released.

Just wondering if you were aware as it could be the only hope of a way in.

Hey Vincenz, I noticed that you are a Systems Manager which I guess means that you applied under the same codes as me, ASCO 1224-11 now ANZSCO 135111. I was told by the Australian Embassy in London (when I sent a complaint/pleading letter) that a few states were sponsoring that code. May well apply to a few other IT codes. I may have just missed it or it may have crept under the radar. Did you know about that? Did you do any investigation or applying?

My agent tells me to wait a few weeks until the new State Sponsorship lists are released.

Just wondering if you were aware as it could be the only hope of a way in.

Hi Claire,

My application is log under ASCO 2231-11, and which now is Anzsco 262113.

Guess this no longer applied to the situation you mentioned above. :(

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk

Archived