CAT 5 OFFSHORE Family Sponsored where are you now?

mchugh1980

It's really frustrating how they give estimated processing times to everyone else except us. All we do is wait, wait and wait. They should atleast give us timeframes too. They've been keeping us in the dark year after year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The priority processing which introduce by Chris Bowel is killing the DIAC and all us. Before it happened, every applications are processed in order and we all can roughly estimated our turns. After the introduction of PP, I dont see how it beneficial to the country with the new ANZSCO code. Some jobs were removed but most of the nominated job are still there, just in different names and codes. How fairly does this treated us? Same job/nomination but different priority. They could have tighten and stricthen the rules, for all new applications but not for the existing one. Without it, we all are supposed chatting in "how's new life in OZ" thread instead still stuck here mumbling about our turns and the DIAC unfairness.

Culprit, Chris Bowen.. bowel more suitable.

fair chances? Ever since Chris bowel took over DIAC and moved us to Cat5, I almost forgot what means Fair from them... Those applied later are now living happily ever after in Aus with their PR in hand, and us still here typing and reading all these.

Anyway, im Aug 2009 applicant. Until you heard from them, i couldnt hope for more.

fair chances? Ever since Chris bowel took over DIAC and moved us to Cat5, I almost forgot what means Fair from them... Those applied later are now living happily ever after in Aus with their PR in hand, and us still here typing and reading all these.

Anyway, im Aug 2009 applicant. Until you heard from them, i couldnt hope for more.

Anyways...its clearly understood...we Cat 5 are the most effected applicants since 2008....

Hey all,

We are priority group 5, FS 176, lodged 01/10/2009, had an email from DIAC today saying that there is only be 4200 places allocated to FS applicants this financial year and that it is unlikely to be processed this year. aaaaaaaaaaaaagh. It did suggest changing to a 175 visa, (skilled independent) although unsure if this has any benefit? Have emailed immigration lawyer and awaiting a response.

Hope we all get processed asap but sadly I am unsure that this will happen. :(

Kim

Hey all,

We are priority group 5, FS 176, lodged 01/10/2009, had an email from DIAC today saying that there is only be 4200 places allocated to FS applicants this financial year and that it is unlikely to be processed this year. aaaaaaaaaaaaagh. It did suggest changing to a 175 visa, (skilled independent) although unsure if this has any benefit? Have emailed immigration lawyer and awaiting a response.

Hope we all get processed asap but sadly I am unsure that this will happen. :(

Kim

Hi MK23, let us know what your lawyer says, might be useful. It doesnt look good for us 176 FS. I am sitting my IELTS in a few weeks so I at least have the option to transfer to a 175 (having enough points). I will be watching the cat5 allocation processing times closely and if 175 move at all I will be transferring ASAP! Also I am going to get my skills assessed again and try to apply for SS.

Hiya,

Our lawyer thinks that given the recent changes and other higher priority applicants, that changing to a 175 will make no difference to the wait, but she will keep us updated.

aaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi,

I am cat5 FS applicant. applied in March 2009. Waiting more than 3 years now. Frustrated but have not given up.

As per the instructions given in the last letter which they sent us last week, I tried to apply for South Australia state sponsorship. Contacted state office and got to know that they will not give sponsorships for old applicants. Must lodge a new application through skill select and apply for SS. Without skill select number no SS. I mentioned them that DIAC'S instruction letter. But,still they refuse the request politely.

I read some are planning to become independent applicants .My feeling is without lodging new application you cannot do it.

If we apply for SS and lodge a new application under consolidated occupation list, I do not know how fast they process our application because our profession is not in SOL-1. Also have to verify our profession again, do IELTS. and lodge a new application. Time and Money?

It seems Diac is not giving practical answers to our problem. Time to time they just say something to cover their back.

Our applications are in the pipe line , because our profession is not in SOL-1. But new applicant can lodge a new application under consolidated occupations list although his profession os not SOL-1. Giving a hope to a new applicant.

I realy do not understand.

Hope somebody can help me to understand the situation well.

Hi,

I am cat5 FS applicant. applied in March 2009. Waiting more than 3 years now. Frustrated but have not given up.

As per the instructions given in the last letter which they sent us last week, I tried to apply for South Australia state sponsorship. Contacted state office and got to know that they will not give sponsorships for old applicants. Must lodge a new application through skill select and apply for SS. Without skill select number no SS. I mentioned them that DIAC'S instruction letter. But,still they refuse the request politely.

I read some are planning to become independent applicants .My feeling is without lodging new application you cannot do it.

If we apply for SS and lodge a new application under consolidated occupation list, I do not know how fast they process our application because our profession is not in SOL-1. Also have to verify our profession again, do IELTS. and lodge a new application. Time and Money?

It seems Diac is not giving practical answers to our problem. Time to time they just say something to cover their back.

Our applications are in the pipe line , because our profession is not in SOL-1. But new applicant can lodge a new application under consolidated occupations list although his profession os not SOL-1. Giving a hope to a new applicant.

I realy do not understand.

Hope somebody can help me to understand the situation well.

Hi, yes you can change from FS to independent. This is one of the options given to CAT5'ers via email from DIAC. ".......You may also be able to obtain sufficient points to meet the pass mark for a Skilled Independent visa (subclasses 175 or 885) without lodging a new application. "

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, We applied FS from UK on 19 June 2008, still waiting! Have now had 2 457 visas and put in a 186 application which we had to pay again for and now been waiting a further 4 months for that which should have been weeks! A very stressful situation and so hopeless as times. What a money spinning processes immigration is.

Hi all, We applied FS from UK on 19 June 2008, still waiting! Have now had 2 457 visas and put in a 186 application which we had to pay again for and now been waiting a further 4 months for that which should have been weeks! A very stressful situation and so hopeless as times. What a money spinning processes immigration is.

Hi!

you are right, such money spinning processes!

but since you are June 2008, i feel it is likely that you may get the visa before July this year because they will clear a few 176 applications and those of 2008 should be the lucky ones. it really is criminal to make us wait for so long! Good luck

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys.... Can anybody please update until what date DIAC have resolved 176 FS (offshore) applications????

Hi Bull

There is no movement or news about 176 FS, although we were hoping there would be. And with the rate at which they are giving COs and grants to 886 FS, i feel that the quota will finish just with onshore applicants. Just waiting like you, since 9/09. You can check my signature for a rough timeline of people I know in the forum who are FS, both 176 and 886. I am sure once someone gets a CO they will come on the forum and report. waiting and praying.....

• 2 weeks later...

No news, they seem to be only processing 885 and some 886 and very fast too but off shore people have not moved at all. and there is hardly any time let in this financial year too. very disappointming!

Hi Guys,

I have created a spreadsheet exclusively for 176 FS (Offshore) G5ers.... Please provide feedback and I shall upload them for you.... This way we may know mutually the status of where we are going!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak_fiDZh3mWfdFl5Q3BJNHYtRkpTa1hSVWpTa0hrLUE&usp=sharing

Cheers n good luck (we desperately need that!!!) to all those waiting for a CO...

Bull

Hi Guys,

I have created a spreadsheet exclusively for 176 FS (Offshore) G5ers.... Please provide feedback and I shall upload them for you.... This way we may know mutually the status of where we are going!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak_fiDZh3mWfdFl5Q3BJNHYtRkpTa1hSVWpTa0hrLUE&usp=sharing

Cheers n good luck (we desperately need that!!!) to all those waiting for a CO...

Bull

176FS 28 Sept 2009 Country Pakistan, Profession: Print Journalist

you can take info of others from the link in my signature and add. good work for making a spreadsheet, we need it and let us keep this thread alive as it is only linked to us and will not get crowded with others...

thanks

Done Arshad, I would love if more people follow with their inputs, so that we can know each other where exactly we stand...

176FS 28 Sept 2009 Country Pakistan, Profession: Print Journalist

you can take info of others from the link in my signature and add. good work for making a spreadsheet, we need it and let us keep this thread alive as it is only linked to us and will not get crowded with others...

thanks

Bull,

Also add the dates in the application submitted column where the date is there as even a day or two starts to matter to people once things start moving. thanks

PS: you can also add a column for paper based or online application as the movement for these two types is also different

Bull,

Also add the dates in the application submitted column where the date is there as even a day or two starts to matter to people once things start moving. thanks

PS: you can also add a column for paper based or online application as the movement for these two types is also different

Thanks Arshad, I have updated as suggested.... Cheers..

• 5 months later...

Archived