CAT 5 OFFSHORE Family Sponsored where are you now?

mchugh1980

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi to all the CAT 5 OFFSHORE FAMILY SPONSORED people

Well Im sure as like me you have been religiously following the 'New Category 5's - Where are you now?' thread (sometimes more than once a day!!!)

Just thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread for us Family Sponsored OFFSHORER's as the majority of the other thread has been predominantly based around the ONSHORE peeps

This thread will just give us an idea of how many there are of us out there awaiting our visas and will give us the opportunity to track the progress of any new updates and issues that arise, aswell as a place to vent our concerns!!!!!!

We've got our fingers crossed that come Monday any changes or updates work in our favour and that they begin to process the 176 visa class

Our timeline is as follows

176 Family sponsored visa

applied Online 16th December 2008

business and info professionals (NEC)

Feel free to add your timeline too!

So come on peeps lets stay positive and keep our fingers crossed over the weekend that 2012/2013 will be our year!!!!

Thanks all

Claire, Liam and Baby Joey

I wish I had seen this thread earlier. i had just started a thread on the same topic because I realized many of the threads were confusing and not really addressing our rock bottom category of Offshore Family Sponsored 176 Priority 5. We applied in April 2009 and had no idea of the drastic changes made to the GSM program. Had we known, surely we would have spent more time evaluating other options though I am not sure we would have had any and family sponsored seemed like a sure, safe bet. Are we disappointed? Absolutely. Five years and still waiting. Obviously, there is no such thing as putting your life on hold because surely nobody should have ever planned anything on an expectation but rather than something concrete and real like the grant of an actual visa.

I hope somebody has some good news as to the reality of whether our category of visas will start getting allocated to case officers.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived