OMG it's actually happening!!

fragglefeet

Hi all!

My OH has been addicted to POI for about 18 months now as we have been planning our move to Melbourne and applying for our 176 visa for yonks (and yonks and yonks...) and he has found all your advice amazingly helpful.

And we actually go two weeks Monday, which seems impossible and very unreal...slightly exciting too!

I thought it may be a good thing to join myself so I can chat too, and hopefully gain some reassurance that it's all going to be fine and dandy :smile:

Would be great to hear any thoughts!

Hi fragglefeet and welcome to PIO :smile:

Wishing you all the very best with your move to Melbourne in 2 weeks - I'm sure it's all very frantic at the moment :rolleyes:

Post away on here - there are lots of people like yourself in the last throes of preparing for their journey and you will be able to compare notes.

We're also leaving Northants but on Saturday!

Heading to Torquay and hubby working in Geelong.

Have leaving do drinkies on Friday night and currently freaking about how much there is to fit in our suitcases :chatterbox:

It's a small world.....where in Npton are you from? We're in Kingsthorpe.

Good luck with the move and hope you can get the suitcase shut!!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?o2yow5

Hi all!

My OH has been addicted to POI for about 18 months now as we have been planning our move to Melbourne and applying for our 176 visa for yonks (and yonks and yonks...) and he has found all your advice amazingly helpful.

And we actually go two weeks Monday, which seems impossible and very unreal...slightly exciting too!

I thought it may be a good thing to join myself so I can chat too, and hopefully gain some reassurance that it's all going to be fine and dandy :smile:

Would be great to hear any thoughts!

Hi there :ssign18:

Good to have you with us!

Wishing you all good things for your new life in Oz!

Enjoy! :biggrin:

Jxxxx

Thanks all! We're on the roller coaster of last meet ups and goodbyes- away this weekend for a last family gathering to celebrate Mum-in-laws 60th. Which is lovely to still be here for. Not looking forwards to the goodbyes with my sisters and nieces and nephews big time :wacko:

But got to look at the bigger picture and remember the beauty of Skype x

Be interested to know whereabouts in Northants you're from Mumoffour! Enjoy drinkies tonight x

Guest dundee lass

Hi

I have just sent all my paperwork to Ahpra. Can I ask why it has taken 18 months for everything to be finalised for yourself?

Hi

I have just sent all my paperwork to Ahpra. Can I ask why it has taken 18 months for everything to be finalised for yourself?

Took a while to get all the paperwork together eg reference, Uni course booklets from 1994, marks for each degree module etc to get my Degree approved by ANZPAC before we could apply for our visa. Then we had to collate all the info for our visa application. Then finish renovating my OH's house to sell, then pluck up the courage to tell work!! Oh and get money saved. To be fair our visa was granted in December but we wanted to have time to sort everything else before we went eg selling both our houses, finding a job etc before we actually went. I'm lucky in that I got my job offer in January and they're happy for me to start in August so we were able to take our time.

Took a while to get all the paperwork together eg reference, Uni course booklets from 1994, marks for each degree module etc to get my Degree approved by ANZPAC before we could apply for our visa. Then we had to collate all the info for our visa application. Then finish renovating my OH's house to sell, then pluck up the courage to tell work!! Oh and get money saved. To be fair our visa was granted in December but we wanted to have time to sort everything else before we went eg selling both our houses, finding a job etc before we actually went. I'm lucky in that I got my job offer in January and they're happy for me to start in August so we were able to take our time.

Janey you forgot that we had our wedding planned aswell and the fact we decided to continue going on holidays :)

Gotta get those holiday in......that last trip to France was awesome!

Two weeks today......whoop!! X

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?inky4k