packing the back pack...

Guest nitrox121

Guest nitrox121

Not long to go now!

flying out on the 26th of june!

cannot wait! :D

how ever.

just after some advice on what to pack really incase i may miss anything :) ( i know i can get whatever out there)

so far my back pack contains...

a life venture towel quick drying towel (giant size lol)

med kit

to put in

shirt/trousers/shoes - for interviews

obv pants socks etc.

thanks

Guest nitrox121
I tried one of those travel towels about 12 years ago, hopefully they've improved!

ive read good things...theyve got permenant antibacterial, and it was £30 lol

I travelled for 6 mths around Asia with one of them towels and had to throw it towards the end, then again i wasnt staying anywhere decent, like having hot water so it never really got washed properly, so it got a bit niffy :eek: but they do dry quick, good buy! What i would say is dont forget book(s) they are expensive in Oz and swap for new ones. Have a fab time :smile:

Put everything you think you could possibly need on the bed with your pack and then discard half of it. You will be lugging that 23kg around for a long time so (and I venture to disagree with the poster above) things like books are irrelevant (take a kindle though if you have one!).

In reality, there is nothing that a passport and a credit card wont cure so dont worry if you forget something (other than passport and credit card) you can always replace it. Take a camera to record your adventure, some sort of online access - laptop/tablet/notebook or whatever you use (keep it small and light), layers of light clothing, good waterproof, shoes you can walk miles in, an unlocked phone (so you can use an Aus sim). If you are wanting to work then take copies of references, degree transcripts, etc

Have a good time and dont forget to call your mum at regular intervals!

a copy of travel documents ie flight receipts and whv grant in your suitcase along with your contact numbers. Keep all those in your hand luggage too.

Suncream as it's pricier in aus. I'd only bring 2 pairs of shoes too, flip flops and hiking/walking shoes. A few pairs of shorts/trousers and a few tops/jumpers and a good jacket. Any more will be too much. I took way too many clothes with me!

Archived