Newly wed,How much of my jewellery can i bring ?

simee

Hey Everyone,

I will be moving to Perth on a Spouse visa and as per tradition ive been give jewellery on my wedding...the question is how much of it can i bring over,is there a limit ? I'd be really grateful if someone out here can help me....

Thank you in Advance :)

P.S: Its mostly in Gold

Hey Everyone,

I will be moving to Perth on a Spouse visa and as per tradition ive been give jewellery on my wedding...the question is how much of it can i bring over,is there a limit ? I'd be really grateful if someone out here can help me....

Thank you in Advance :)

P.S: Its mostly in Gold

I dont see why you can't bring it all.I bought all of mine, and all my kids Jewellery. Never ever got asked how much I was going to bring.

So bring the lot :)

didnt the immigration have a limit of 10K australian dollars in a form of money or physical items?

but maybe they're a bit lenient in regards to migration travel tho

No. there is a limit on cash, not personal effects like jewellery.

• 4 years later...

Late reply I know, but still:

Here are the actual rules ($900 limit per person):

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/AU-Australia-customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations-details.htm

So yes, there actually is a limit, but I have never heard of anyone being stopped and questioned about the value of their jewellery. I suppose if you were walking in with 20 kg worth of gold chains on you, they will ask you some questions.

Archived