ACS Assessment - taking flippin' ages!

aduffield76

Hi all,

Have any of you had or are having their skills assessed by ACS (Australian Computer Society)?

I submitted my docs and got my paperwork through on the 17th April (as it says on my signature), I went straight from stage 2 to stage 4 but have been on stage 4 for AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!.....its really frustrating! :arghh:

Have any of you been able to chase their up?

How long did yours take to come through?

Is there anything I can do to give them a kick?

Cheers guys

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

Have any of you had or are having their skills assessed by ACS (Australian Computer Society)?

I submitted my docs and got my paperwork through on the 17th April (as it says on my signature), I went straight from stage 2 to stage 4 but have been on stage 4 for AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!.....its really frustrating! :arghh:

Have any of you been able to chase their up?

How long did yours take to come through?

Is there anything I can do to give them a kick?

Cheers guys

It has just been a month since your lodgement, on their website it is stated that processing time from 8 - 12 weeks. Take it easy.

Guest ronkhu

Hi,

I am also sailing on the same boat.

I submitted my online application on 9th April and sent the hard copy of my docs on the same day which they received on 11th April and the same was updated in their website. Then by 19th April, it went to the 3rd Stage asking for reference letter on a stamp paper which i submitted on 25th April and then i was told that ACS would require hard copy of the reference letter to proceed further but while I did that, they move my application to 4th stage on 25th April and it is there since then. I had also submitted the hard copy of the additional documents which they asked and they even confirmed the receipt of the same.

I am not sure how much more time they would take to complete the assessment - Its killing me and the other challenge is time to submit my visa application before 30th June.

Mine took six weeks and a further 4 weeks to get state sponsorship approval, they may speed things up before the 1st July you never know, one thing I never understood though is how with the amount of money you pay nowadays for assessment and the fact we all have PCs why they cant email it to you or provide the result electronically to diac, you have to wait for the post, daft.

Guest ronkhu

Can anyone confirm if we can mail and check on the progress and request for expediting the process due to the July constraint or will they get offended if we mail them.

Guest Wrighty2012

Feeling your pain! My hubby submitted the ACS documents to our agent 1 week ago, only to find out today that the EOI is coming into force on the 1st July, so what the hell happens now?? Ruddy chaos as the "process" has changed mid application!

I know, its such a pain in the arse! What does the £300 actually pay for?

I have submitted my IELTS to victoria with my state sponsorship, they need my assessment before they can continue my application. I log in to check every single day, but no change....I reckon my assessor is on holiday!! :wink:

I want to get my visa application in before the 1st of July.....or at least my SS.

I'm even taking my laptop on holiday with me just in case.....this is the first time EVER!

I bet its not this hard to get into our country!!!!

I have no idea if we can chase it or not.....or if it will make any difference!?!

I dont know if you can chase it, you run the risk of annoying the assessor, if I was an assessor at ACS and I had to pour through mounds of paperwork, references, skill descriptions I would probably look for shortcuts, I would leave messy applications to one side for a rainy day and concentrate on the good ones. If someone emailed to chase up and I was having a bad day I would probably put their application down the pile of apps.

You have to tell yourself it will be a month or more, six weeks on average and then wait for the letter to come back via the post, realistically your looking at the end of May which isnt too bad as you still have a month to get your sponsorship through, skill select I think are honouring those that were sponsored in the new system so you wont have to wait in the pool to be picked. At least your IELTS is done and you have submitted waiting for acs.

Check their website to see if you can.

I checked every day when I was waiting, it was really frustrating

I lodged towards the end of April, and within a day of them receiving the hardcopies, I went straight to stage 4 too. Last week, I decided (in a fit of panic) that I needed to add another employment reference to my application, so I emailed them. The response back was to go ahead and send it in, as my application "may not go to an assessor for at least 2 weeks". So when their online status says "With assessor", what they really mean is it's sitting in a pile somewhere.

FWIW, their website does state that "All ICT Skills Assessment applications submitted to the ACS before 27 April 2012 that are decision ready will be guaranteed to receive a result letter before 1 July 2012.". Let's just hope their interpretation of "guaranteed" isn't as loose!

Hope you get it soon aduffield76 - seems like 5 to 6 weeks is what others have seen of late, so hopefully in a week?

Guest ronkhu

As mentioned, most of the members had to wait for 5-6 weeks to get the ACS assessment results - Can some one let me know if this 5-6 weeks if from the date of applying for the assessment or 5-6 weeks from the receipt of additional documents request.

Morning all....how sad am I, pomsinoz'ing at 6:30am :wacko:

Anyway, my Assessment status has changed this morning from "With Assessor" to "Case Finalised", but its still on Stage 4.

Does anyone know what "Case Finalised" actually means?

Muchas Gracias amigos

Morning all....how sad am I, pomsinoz'ing at 6:30am :wacko:

Anyway, my Assessment status has changed this morning from "With Assessor" to "Case Finalised", but its still on Stage 4.

Does anyone know what "Case Finalised" actually means?

Muchas Gracias amigos

that means you will have the result very shortly

Guest ronkhu

As mentioned, most of the members had to wait for 5-6 weeks to get the ACS assessment results - Can some one let me know if this 5-6 weeks if from the date of applying for the assessment or 5-6 weeks from the receipt of additional documents request.

I applied on 9th April and they received the docs on 11th April but asked for additional and i sent the additional docs which was received by them on 8th May.

Can anyone share tentative timeline I can expect my results from now.

Woohoooooooo!!!

Just got my assessment through!!!! :jiggy:

It took exactly 1 month from the day they received the hard copy of the documents!!

Just forwarded it on to Victoria to stick on my SS application along with my IELTS.....and guess what....yep, got to start waiting again! Ahh well, I hope to get a result from Vic before the 1st July!!!!!

Guest zoom

Aduffield76, now I envy you. I logged my assessment and ACS received the docs 16th April. Just like you before I'm constantly checking on their site. But its still in the "with assessor" stage. Im worried if my application is good enough, since other people here in the forum got their results within 2-4 weeks...and mines taking ages...arrghh. The agony of waiting. But if its a positive result, it will be worth the wait. Im hoping for the best for everyone.

Awesome!!! Did Victoria actuallly ask you to send it in?

Maybe you need to start a "VicSS taking flippin' ages" thread now.

cs569, when I submitted my IELTS, they said I can email my assessment when I get it....so I have done.

I don't think you can check on you SS progress like you can ACS Assessment?? Can you??

I will defo start another 'taking flippin' ages' post if I dont get SS before the end of May! :cute:

Guest ronkhu

zoom - even i am sailing on the same boat as you.

I applied on 9th April and they received the docs on 11th April but asked for additional and i sent the additional docs which was received by them on 8th May..

I keep checking for my status change daily but of no luck - It still shows "With Assessor"

Aduffield76, now I envy you. I logged my assessment and ACS received the docs 16th April. Just like you before I'm constantly checking on their site. But its still in the "with assessor" stage. Im worried if my application is good enough, since other people here in the forum got their results within 2-4 weeks...and mines taking ages...arrghh. The agony of waiting. But if its a positive result, it will be worth the wait. Im hoping for the best for everyone.

Hi zoom,

Its easy for me to say now but it will come....maybe tomorrow?

Just keep checking for the change from 'With Assessor' to 'Case Finalised'..its suttle..they both have that lovely 'ACS Blue' outline :wink:

Fingers crossed guys!

Case finalised means its been signed off, the letter will be winging its way back to you, which is great news as youll have time for the state sponsorship process before the deadline looms, they will post it obviously so youll get it sometime next week, hopefully friday or the following week. The letter you get will state what you applied for and how many years and months they have given you alongside all the jobs you put down.

Hi DibDibbler,

Yeah, they sent me the result in a pdf via email, which I've sent IMMEDIATELY to Victoria for SS. The paper copy should come through the post which I dont think Vic need, just the PDF.

I hope now they will complete my SS before the 1st July.....I wish there was a way you could 'track' your SS application.

How long has everyone else had to wait for their Vic SS?

Hi DibDibbler,

Yeah, they sent me the result in a pdf via email, which I've sent IMMEDIATELY to Victoria for SS. The paper copy should come through the post which I dont think Vic need, just the PDF.

I hope now they will complete my SS before the 1st July.....I wish there was a way you could 'track' your SS application.

How long has everyone else had to wait for their Vic SS?

They don't send paper copies, just the pdf. If they do send it, I never received one!

Archived